Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My Verizon BIS client is having a problem with validating my Gmail account. Is anyone ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

terp01 no está en línea Stack level 1

Gmail Issue?

Advertisement

My Verizon BIS client is having a problem with validating my Gmail account. Is anyone having this issue?

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Gmail Issue?

there are apparently many on other carriers also, but no known cause yet. Personally I have no issue (yet) and can send/receive just fine (I even have the checkmark for validated on BB email account manager).

Good luck, hope they resolve it shortly - others are just telling gmail to forward to the BB email address for now - hope that helps
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

TaraG no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by terp01
    My Verizon BIS client is having a problem with validating my Gmail account. Is anyone having this issue?
    I have the same problem with my Cingular when I change my gmail password. Instead of dealing with the headache of trying to validate my gmail addy on my bb, I jsut delete it and add it back.

The only problem with that is, once you start getting your emails again, if you send out an email you get a copy of it. All you have to do to fix this is log onto ur gmail acct via pc.

Go to your settings and click on filter. Then add your gmail addy into the "From" spot. Then click "next step". Click "delete it" box and then hit "update filter".

Once you do this, you won't receive copies of your sent emails. If you do want a copy of what you send out sent to your "sent email" box, then all you have to do is once you send it a message pops up on the screen saying
    You have sent a message in a trashed conversation. The message will not appear in your sent mail unless you move it to your inbox.

Just click OK. You'll se a box in the bottom right corner of your sent message that says "Recover from Trash". Just click that and that message will go to your "sent email".
    Now you will have to do that for every message you want a copy of. It's a small inconvenience, but I'd rather do that than get a copy of every email I send!!

cshelle24 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EC7A31

Question Re: Gmail Issue?

I started having a problem with Gmail on my BIS last night, too. I am on Tmobile. I never changed my password but I recieved a message stating,

"This email account is no longer accessible by your Blackberry handheld. This issue is likely caused by a recent change to the password used to access this account. To resume receiving email from this address, login to your Blackberry Internet Service account and verify the password is correct for this email account."

I deleted the account from my BIS and tried to add it back, but it still is not working. For a temporary workaround, I too, am frowarding Gmail to another email account. Anyone know what's going on? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cshelle24
    I started having a problem with Gmail on my BIS last night, too. I am on Tmobile. I never changed my password but I recieved a message stating,

"This email account is no longer accessible by your Blackberry handheld. This issue is likely caused by a recent change to the password used to access this account. To resume receiving email from this address, login to your Blackberry Internet Service account and verify the password is correct for this email account."

I deleted the account from my BIS and tried to add it back, but it still is not working. For a temporary workaround, I too, am frowarding Gmail to another email account. Anyone know what's going on? Thanks!
    Funny you had that problem too. I had it happen to me again last night as well. I did not change my password again, so I couldn't figure out why it did that.

When I went back in to and deleted and re-add my gmail acct., it wouldn't take it!! I tried for hours. Then I tried again this morning. Weird thing is, my gmail addy has a capital letter first. Well, for sheer despiration i typed in into my bb email setup as a lower case letter and it took that! My gmail addy on my pc is still a capital letter.

So I don't know what is going on either. Can anyone else help us???

PIN/ID
    23EC7A31

FYI...I just sent an technical support email to Gmail to see if they know what is going on.

Great! If you find out anything, PM me and let me know, ok?

PIN/ID
    23EC7A31

Definitely!

PIN/ID
    23EC7A31

I'm not sure what happened, but I kept on sending my info on my BIS and it finally validated my gmail account again. I have not heard back from gmail tech support.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

chizm no está en línea Stack level 2

Same issue here on TMO. I was able to validate my account this morning but only some emails are being pushed to my device from Gmail - it's being rather selective. The problem definitely isn't fixed 100% yet.

As long as I know that I'm not alone in this situation I'm better! I hate it for all of us tho. I wish gmail tech support would solve the prob and let us know! It's hard to continually fix the prob if our email addys becoming invalid. Especially if we haven't changed anything in our info! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    23EC7A31

I'll let everyone know if they ever get back to me and how they respond. Thanks!
    Last edited by cshelle24; 04-12-2007 at 05:37 PM.

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro

I too just started having this issue but only with one (of 2) of my gmail accounts. The other one is working just fine. Arrrgggg!

PIN/ID
    23EC7A31

Google's response received 45 minutes ago:

"Hello,

Thank you for your report.

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. The issue
    you
    described should now be resolved. If you continue to experience
    difficulties, please respond to this message, and we'll investigate
    further.

Sincerely,

The Google Team"

Quote Originally Posted by cshelle24
    Google's response received 45 minutes ago:

"Hello,

Thank you for your report.

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. The issue
    you
    described should now be resolved. If you continue to experience
    difficulties, please respond to this message, and we'll investigate
    further.

Sincerely,

The Google Team"

wow...big help there... Guess it would be too difficult to let us know why it happened??? And how to fix it EASILY when it happens again???:cry:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast