Hi Gmail is now IMAP. but emails sometimes dont appear on my blackberry and dont ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

taimur no está en línea Stack level 2

GMail IMAP

Advertisement

Hi Gmail is now IMAP. but emails sometimes dont appear on my blackberry and dont reconcile properly with my Gmail account on my Outlook.

Ive set up my gmail account with IMAP settings on both my outlook and blackberry.

Any suggestions?

mcg2u2 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ?????

Re: GMail IMAP

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I downloaded the google service pack to my 8800. It gives you a icon for mail. I use it everyday works really good.

rennyc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2422A078

Quote Originally Posted by taimur View Post
    Hi Gmail is now IMAP. but emails sometimes dont appear on my blackberry and dont reconcile properly with my Gmail account on my Outlook.

Ive set up my gmail account with IMAP settings on both my outlook and blackberry.

Any suggestions?

how do you setup your gmail account with IMAP settings on the BLACKBERRY????/

hwnstyle21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31C83C17

Quote Originally Posted by rennyc View Post
    how do you setup your gmail account with IMAP settings on the BLACKBERRY????/

Here you go: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...y?answer=78882

when I set mine up gmail lost it's "push" and became a "15min Pull" account. The upside is the ability to reconcile but no push doesn't make sense for a blackberry. A thread on this issue is in the BIS forum.
    BB 8330 w/ SERO Voice Only, BIS, N/W @7pm, Pick3, Unl Text via Credits: $30 +$5 (Unl Incoming) + $7 (TEP)
    Pin: 31C83C17

genoist no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3179F2D7

I'm still waiting on my Gmail account to have IMAP enabled. I'm jealous of my gf's account, it was setup over a year after mine, and had IMAP available the first day, and she doesn't even have any interest in using it. I could care less about the lack of real-time e-mail with the IMAP, I look forward to keeping my mailbox the same across my PC, Mac, and Blackberry.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Warning with IMAP. It's super slow....went to IMAP for a day then went back to POP cuz it took hours to even get my email if I got them at all.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...imap_slow.html

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne

in mail options, click reconcile now!
    Quote Originally Posted by taimur View Post

Any suggestions?
    I'm a born again Androider

rajeshpr no está en línea Stack level 1

hwnstyle21 thank you, i have problems with the mail since i enabled imap, call att they have no clue how to fix it, pinstack is the best place, ATT reps should also look this place....