Results 1 to 13 of 13

http://gmailblog.blogspot.com/2007/1...ices-with.html Very cool. Now we just need to figure out how this benefits BIS users. ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

  1. #1
    spacecowgurl's Avatar
    spacecowgurl no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Posts
    31

    Gmail going IMAP!!!

    Advertisement



    http://gmailblog.blogspot.com/2007/1...ices-with.html

    Very cool. Now we just need to figure out how this benefits BIS users.

    Amy

  2. #2
    mlin13's Avatar
    mlin13 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    93

    Re: Gmail going IMAP!!!

    thanks for the link. this is interesting.

  3. #3
    joewoo's Avatar
    joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    Posts
    492

    Re: Gmail going IMAP!!!

    Noice

  4. #4
    whsbuss's Avatar
    whsbuss no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    184

    Re: Gmail going IMAP!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by spacecowgurl
    http://gmailblog.blogspot.com/2007/1...ices-with.html

    Very cool. Now we just need to figure out how this benefits BIS users.

    Amy
    It doesn't. The BIS is configured to use Google's hybrid protocols and notification server for push email to our BBs. The only thing google's IMAP is good for is users that want to use an email client like Outlook to interface with their accounts; better than using POP.

  5. #5
    ski837547's Avatar
    ski837547 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    42

    Re: Gmail going IMAP!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by whsbuss
    It doesn't. The BIS is configured to use Google's hybrid protocols and notification server for push email to our BBs. The only thing google's IMAP is good for is users that want to use an email client like Outlook to interface with their accounts; better than using POP.
    I got it to work, but not very consistantly. There are special instructions for the Blackberry as listed below.

    http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...82&topic=12761

  6. #6
    N8DBB's Avatar
    N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Posts
    6,028

    Re: Gmail going IMAP!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ski837547
    I got it to work, but not very consistantly. There are special instructions for the Blackberry as listed below.

    http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...82&topic=12761
    Nice find.

  7. #7
    spacecowgurl's Avatar
    spacecowgurl no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Posts
    31

    Re: Gmail going IMAP!!!

    Doesn't work on my AT&T pearl. No options to enter in anything.

    Then again, my Gmail to BBerry works great so I think I won't muck with it. It does make my Apple Mail much better when using Gmail tho.

    Amy

    Quote Originally Posted by ski837547
    I got it to work, but not very consistantly. There are special instructions for the Blackberry as listed below.

    http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...82&topic=12761

  8. #8
    N8DBB's Avatar
    N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Posts
    6,028

    Re: Gmail going IMAP!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by spacecowgurl
    Doesn't work on my AT&T pearl. No options to enter in anything.

    Then again, my Gmail to BBerry works great so I think I won't muck with it. It does make my Apple Mail much better when using Gmail tho.

    Amy
    You will more than likely have to delete the GMAIL account from your BIS and then re-add it then follow those directions.

  9. #9
    spacecowgurl's Avatar
    spacecowgurl no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Posts
    31

    Re: Gmail going IMAP!!!

    I tried it with an account (another Gmail one) that was not on my blackberry prior.

    Amy

    Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    You will more than likely have to delete the GMAIL account from your BIS and then re-add it then follow those directions.

  10. #10
    melissaox's Avatar
    melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,344

    Re: Gmail going IMAP!!!

    I believe that everyone may not have the IMAP feature right away.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

  11. #11
    genoist's Avatar
    genoist no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    3179F2D7
    Posts
    25

    Re: Gmail going IMAP!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by melissaox View Post
    I believe that everyone may not have the IMAP feature right away.
    This seems to be the case. I am still running sans IMAP availability on my account. I'm kinda bummed as many of my friends have it already, and most of them don't really care. Seems like a waste.

  12. #12
    jzarowitz's Avatar
    jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Posts
    724

    Re: Gmail going IMAP!!!

    i dont have it yet either.... its coming tho... there are many reportings that many users are still sans IMAP.
    I'm a born again Androider

  13. #13
    rce's Avatar
    rce
    rce no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    19

    Re: Gmail going IMAP!!!

    Great information thanks for the link

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •