Hello everyone, i've read numerous posts about gmail duplicate messages solution using filters on BIS ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

Blue Eyes no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Gmail - duplicate mail solution without filters

Advertisement

Hello everyone,

i've read numerous posts about gmail duplicate messages solution using filters on BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) but i think this could be a bit better solution since i sometimes have need to send mail to myself for some quick note or whatever (stupid habbit).

Basically solution is very simple:

a) add a gmail adress on BIS and it's going to be automatically configured for pop.gmail.com
    b) go to service books and click on send service books
    c) delete just created mail adress
    d) start adding a mail adress that allows providing your own parameters
    e) on the last screen it's going to ask for your username, mail adress, password and server type. Enter parameters as following:

Catch is that if you just create IMAP adress the interval of checking will be 15-30 minutes which is not acceptable but if you leave the pop service book and add a IMAP type it's going to work.

RIM has additional string that they configure the gmail adresses to be checked almoust instantlly and since it's the same adress, it's working

This solution could also fix your problems if you have other type of mails that do the same thing as Gmail.

Regards from T-Mobile Croatia Tehnical Support

cypher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    876-5309
    Im not having much luck with this. Im still subjected to normal imap time intervals.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cypher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    876-5309
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ anyone else?

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    cool thanks for the info

tbhuang2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Can you please include details on how to handle the settings located in Gmail's "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" settings page with respect to your instructions?
    So far I tried sending service books with POP enabled/IMAP disabled, then changed to POP disabled/IMAP enabled, and then proceeded to delete and readd my gmail email.
    With this I am experiencing the 15 minute delay in receiving messages, so I don't know how you got it to work instantly like POP.
    Last edited by tbhuang2; 05-26-2008 at 04:24 PM.