Hey guys sorry for starting a new thread but I've looked around and didn't see ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

joeya7 no está en línea Stack level 2

Gmail Delay

Advertisement

Hey guys sorry for starting a new thread but I've looked around and didn't see what I was looking for. I'm using a Sprint 7130e on the BIS with gmail. Over the past week it seems that my gmail emails are very delayed in coming to my BB. I've deleted the service book and resend them many of times. I have the POP enabled on gmail.com and have the 1 filter set in BIS so I will not get messages sent from myself. Is anyone else having the same problems and if so and fix for it? Do we know if it's a BIS problem the BB is having? Thank you all in advance for your time and help.

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

Re: Gmail Delay

do you know if you are running BIS 1.8 or 2.0?
    i'm on BIS 2.0 for cingular and i'm getting almost instant GMail on my BB

I'm using 2.0 with sprint. I updated when it first came out.

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

I had that issue yesterday but i resent books from my PC thru the BB site and then things started rolling..... Hmmmmm
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

Budo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24275f63

I'm having the same problem on my 8700g on t-mobile. I opened a trouble ticket with tmobile, who said that they didn't fully support gmail do to its beta status. I then opened a trouble ticket with google, but seeing as gmail is a free service I don't have high expectations. If this persists much longer I'm going to have to migrate over to yahoo or a hosted bes service. Ugh.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mitchie55 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246ceeba

How is ur gmail setup? There are two ways of doing this. U can add the gmail account to your blackberry email account or you can fwd the emails to your blackberry account. The latter is done from Gmail and mails reach basically the same time.

Budo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24275f63

My gmail account is set up as a standalone(read: not forwarded to my tmo.blackberry.
    net address). With the updated BIS server and tmobile's agreement with google this should result in an instant push. I suppose I could go back to the forwarding option, but it's frustrating to have to use a work-around when I had everything working in a straightforward manner just a week ago. I'm wondering if there's some thing wrong on the google end, a change in the tmobile-google agreement, or some type of change to the BIS that's creating this issue...

I used to use the filters on gmail to forward my gmail to my BB. Then when the new BIS came out I deleted the filters and set up gmail in the BIS. It used to work fine up till a few weeks ago. Now I'm getting my gmail on my BB hours after getting them on gmail.com. It was nice having gmail in the BIS since all your sent mail from the BB went right in to the sent mail on gmail.com.

Does anyone remember how to get up the filters in gmail? Maybe I will go back to that way and delete if from the BIS.

Thanks again

mitchie55 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246ceeba

Go to gmail then Settings then Forwarding and Pop, the rest is abc.

There is a different way to forward other than that. I used to have it set up with filters in gmail.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

I don't sync gmail with BIS. Instead use the gmail POP forwarding that's has 0 delay

What do you mean? You hard forward your gmail to you BB email address? What about when you send from your BB is doesn't go in to your sent mail in gmail.