Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks Melissa, With BIS 2.2 or 2.3, and Yahoo, can you move received emails into ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: GMail, BIS 2.3 and Folders

Advertisement

Thanks Melissa, With BIS 2.2 or 2.3, and Yahoo, can you move received emails into folders from the Message List on your BB? Do thay reconcile with the Yahoo Folders? I may need to establish a Yahoo Account.

Thanks for your help!
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

ryfoster no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Yeah, currently the gmail mobile app doesn't let you create or apply labels. I think that would be nice.

For me using the BB push email was faster than the Gmail app. BUT, the gmail app syncs with the desktop version.

It may be a matter of the lesser of 2 evils.

Just my thoughts...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Thanks for the verification. I agree that using the BIS is faster and for what I need it for and the way I use email management to keep track of what is complete and what still needs tracking BIS was great. That is until started to make it nigh on impossible to remain on BIS 1.8, what with requiring BIS 2.3 for the curve to do what the advertising said it would and requiring it in order to get the work around for the defective calendar App on the Curve to sync correctly. The labels in gmail, if I could assign them in the mobile app, would allow me to somewhat accomplish what a need. It requires extra effort on my part even if this were possible.

Thanks again for the help.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

eseayen22 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20F898F0

yea i'm not sure about gmail app it's kinda flakey with the labels you can go to the menu and click "more" then click "labels" and it shows you all your labels but what you can do from there is clear as mud not very easy/clear........ it would be nice but i'm at a computer enough that i can just log in and apply labels on the PC..... so for me it's no biggie........

ryfoster, i totally agree with you i'm not gonna get my gmail pushed to the BB specifically cus it doesn't sync and then the label issue like i said is no big issue for me so right now the app is perfect for me.....
    Last edited by eseayen22; 06-10-2007 at 03:44 AM.
    Sean
    2038DD06

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Again, thanks. Asi said, once the labels are added to the menu, you can use them as filters although I haven't found a way to use multiple labels in a single filter.

And speaking of BB push, I thought one of the advantages of BIS 2.3 was complete reconcilation with gmail through the BIS interface. Please explain.

Thanks
    Rcbjr

Brassoul no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32AE5E7D

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    I don't consider Labels to be anything like folders. If you tag an email, it doesn't leave the inbox, it just allows you to have a preset filter to show emails with that label. How do I view only those that don't have a label assigned.
    I was doubting the Gmail Application for a while, but then I dug deeper into the PC and Mobile Apps and find they work very well. The labels and filters work very well, the trick is to archive all messages after you label them. It will leave the Inbox then. It took me a while to figure this out. Hope it helps. My Inbox is a lot more organized now.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Brassoul
    I was doubting the Gmail Application for a while, but then I dug deeper into the PC and Mobile Apps and find they work very well. The labels and filters work very well, the trick is to archive all messages after you label them. It will leave the Inbox then. It took me a while to figure this out. Hope it helps. My Inbox is a lot more organized now.
    -

Yes, archiving does remove them from the in box and labels do give some organization capability, similar to the category capibility of the BB addressook. And managing email is fairly simple on the PC. But, and this is, where it becomes totally useless for me, I can't find any way to assign labels from the BlackBerry. It defeats the purpose of having the mobile version. If I can't manage them from the BB, it becomes mearly a display device, not a tool.

Have you found out how to assign labels using Gmail mobile? If so let us know.

Thank you
    Rcbjr

jtesnani no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Again, thanks. Asi said, once the labels are added to the menu, you can use them as filters although I haven't found a way to use multiple labels in a single filter.

And speaking of BB push, I thought one of the advantages of BIS 2.3 was complete reconcilation with gmail through the BIS interface. Please explain.

Thanks
    Rcbjr

From a few tests I've done i don't think gmail reconciles. i delete something in gmail itself it still stays on my bb and doesn't delete. i believe deleting only goes one way, if you delete on handheld and choose to delete on both handheld and desktop then it deletes both but that's it. and this is an option that was available before the 2.3 upgrade. someone please let me know if i'm wrong

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~as far as I know that was the purpose to wirelessly sync email between yahoo and gmail

benritmeyer no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the complete reconcile is just for yajoo not gmail

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12