Well, my friends. Since we have 3-4 threads about this issue, I thought I'd start ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

thetimekeeper no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    205064C7

GMail Apps not pushing, a possible solution or at least a theory.

Advertisement

Well, my friends. Since we have 3-4 threads about this issue, I thought I'd start a new one to make it more visible and consolidated.

After roughly 3-4 hours of hard work, my Google-Apps hosted domain email now pushes almost instantaneously and shows the Red splash over the inbox icon when there's new mail. I'm not sure of the exact cause of the original problem, but I suspect it has to do with the phone itself, more specifically the service books.

I got GTalk, Windows Live Search, and Opera Mini using the trick, so I had a copy of ranx's service books for the Google Talk. One theory is that there were other books in there that 'corrupted' the pathways for the emails.

I did a fresh install, wiped everything, and sent service books to the fresh install BIS page. My email addresses appeared, and push email worked! So, time to do a few experiments to narrow down the possible issue. Long story short, after transferring endless possibilities using the back up and restore function of the Desktop Manager, here's basically what I did.

Using my working fresh install, I worked on my original back up where it wasn't working, and I made a clean copy of my service books, and my specific settings, namely my address book, suretype, and Phone Profiles (ONLY THOSE FOUR THINGS). I deleted all the service books from the original except for three, two Windows Live, and a Google Talk book. I now have a clean .ipd to restore to my fresh install. (This was easier said then done, all that involved a lot of back and forth reloads of ipds). I restored the clean .ipd containing my personal settings, and the Live and GTalk service books (notice no email or other Rogers stuff here). I then turned on EDGE, and clicked send service books from the BIS site. That gave me new copies of the WAP, MMS, Emails, and other Rogers books along with the three service books already on it.

Now everything is working just nifty, I guess using the other service book must've messed up something.

I sincerely apologize for my long post, and if you have any questions I will be most happy to help, you can reply here or add me on BB Messenger: 205064C7, or MSN Messenger: timekeeper@stellarweb.net

So far email is working, will update when it stops working.

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Arrow

holy cow Batman...wow...hope it works out for you but it sounds like maybe a corrupt service book. I even try sending the HRT's again, Hosts Routing Table, in Options >

thetimekeeper no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    205064C7
    Yep, sure sounds like it. I'm not sure doing the HRT or resending the SBs would fix it, unless you start over fresh...maybe it checks to see if you have it, and if it does, it doesn't overwrite, leaving you still with the corrupt books.

csa819 no está en línea Stack level 2
    This may be sacrilegious on a blackberry centric board, but I've kinda gotten away from push mail for my GMail accounts. I have the GMail client installed (both the regular old GMail, and the GMail Apps clients), and they are just fine for me. I used to be in the "gotta have it now" mindset, but I am kinda liking the fact that the GMail clients poll every so often, and when the phone makes noise, I can process a few messages at once. I really like the access to th email search feature

Dito no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23DEAC14
    Okay, how strange is this...?

(I've been one of the Gmail-problem posters here for the last few days.)

This morning, at 6am, I'm sitting in my wife's car while she's getting gas (yes, she does it herself), and my phone buzzes. It's a Welcome message from the Activation Server. Huh? I hadn't touched my BIS stuff since early yesterday morning, and I'm 99% sure I got the Welcome message then.

But... My Gmail has been working perfectly all day.

Experts, any theories on this latest weirdness?

-Dito