Anyway of configuring the facebook app to interact with the mail app? I'd hate to ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

fishlips20 no está en línea Stack level 2

Gmail App + Facebook App = no notifications for Facebook

Advertisement

Anyway of configuring the facebook app to interact with the mail app?

I'd hate to have to set up a BIS gmail account just to get the facebook app to work properly.
    Up and Atom!!!

nmadd no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Gmail App + Facebook App = no notifications for Facebook

Why are you adverse to setting up GMail on your BIS? There is an option in the Facebook app to automatically delete emails from the server. You'll never even notice you got the notification on GMail.

nateshiner no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Gmail App + Facebook App = no notifications for Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by fishlips20 View Post
    Anyway of configuring the facebook app to interact with the mail app?

I'd hate to have to set up a BIS gmail account just to get the facebook app to work properly.
    i think this is possible to keep your gmail app, get notifications via the facebook app, and still not have messages appear in within the device's bis email list.

here's the thing: the facebook app doesn't work without setting up BIS. that being said, facebook app simply hijacks the messages from appearing in the list of emails from BIS.

all you have to do is set up BIS, create a filter that says, "do not forward messages to device" except when the "from" address comes from any of the facebook notification email addresses.

make sure that all facebook notifications come from one email address, or just have all the email addresses from which facebook notifications arrive, and create filters for each one such that only those email addresses are sent via BIS to the blackberry, and then the facebook app will hijack those messages from the device's BIS mail program. then there's nothing showing up in the BIS icon.

i've never tried it, but i see no reason why it won't work. i think it's technically possible.