Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by joeya7 I found when you use gmail in IMAP your sent mail ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

whsbuss no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Gmail and IMAP slow?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by joeya7 View Post
    I found when you use gmail in IMAP your sent mail from your BB doesn't go to the sent folder in gmail.com Anyone else seem to have that problem???
    Yep, same here. Someone using T-MO said putting your email address in the Bcc field on the BIS will place a copy of sent mail in the Sent folder. But when I tried it it put it in the inbox.

joeya7 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Gmail and IMAP slow?

so has anyone got it to work well with gmail set to IMAP

skifri no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry IMAP - Mysterious "Sent Items" Label in Gmail

Quote Originally Posted by whsbuss View Post
    Yep, same here. Someone using T-MO said putting your email address in the Bcc field on the BIS will place a copy of sent mail in the Sent folder. But when I tried it it put it in the inbox.
    You are right that mail from the Blackberry does not show up anywhere on gmail's site, not even in all mail.

BUT

Somehow... mysteriously... if you create a label entitled "Sent Items" in your gmail settings, all of you blackberry sent gmail WILL show up under that label folder in your gmail web account. From reading these forums it seems that initially this strange label showed up automatically in gmail as ....
    [IMAP]/Sent
    and
    [IMAP]/Trash
    ... shortly after configuring IMAP on your blackberry, but now they do not. You can add "Sent Items" manually to serve the same purpose as [IMAP]/Sent.

Does anyone out there know WHERE this information came from regarding the "Sent Items" label? Are there any other pre-defined secret labels out there for gmail IMAP that would allow us to capture things such as SPAM or Deleted Items via our Blackberry?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12