Since I don't feel like creating a separate email account for work orders sent from ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

docholliday no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317AFEB6

Gmail and Filters

Advertisement

Since I don't feel like creating a separate email account for work orders sent from my company nor want to forward those e-mails to my BB account, I've set up two filters, but I worry if they may conflict with each other. In my T-Mo e-mail settings, I have a filter that forwards e-mails from my company to my handset (no other e-mails are forwarded). However, in Gmail, I have a filter set so that e-mails from the company are archived instead of going into the inbox. Will push technology still be able to send those to me?

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

Re: Gmail and Filters

not sure i completely understand what you are trying to do
    are you on BIS or BES?

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by docholliday
    Since I don't feel like creating a separate email account for work orders sent from my company nor want to forward those e-mails to my BB account, I've set up two filters, but I worry if they may conflict with each other. In my T-Mo e-mail settings, I have a filter that forwards e-mails from my company to my handset (no other e-mails are forwarded). However, in Gmail, I have a filter set so that e-mails from the company are archived instead of going into the inbox. Will push technology still be able to send those to me?
    ok, i think i got the gist of what you're saying, but not quite...

You have 2 email accounts, a company and a Gmail.
    The email filter forwarding company emails to your handset are set up on the blackberry/Tmo website, correct?

And the other filter is actually on your G-mail account, NOT on the blackberry/Tmo website, correct?

If that is the case, then you're receiving company email in both your company email box and in your Gmail box. The company email in the Gmail box will not be forwarded and the one in your company inbox will be.

If that's not the case, then please clarify...where are the filters? (either Gmail or the Tmo site), where are your inboxes? (company and Gmail), what you are trying to achieve? (filter out company email going to Gmail?).

Filters are pretty powerful and can be pretty flexible as long as you know what you want to do with them. I'm sure we can come up with something if we can get enough info and know what you want to do.

PIN/ID
    317AFEB6

1. I'm on BIS

2. The company I work for does not provide the technicians e-mail addresses. We are all independent contractors under the umbrella of the company.

3. Work orders for the areas I cover are sent to my personal e-mail account, which is with Gmail.

4. I don't reply to work orders, and always archive them so that I have a log of all the work I've done with the company.

5. One of the filters I have set up pushes e-mail originating from the company's domain to my Blackberry (which I like because I can keep the information at my fingertips along with notes about the assignment, billable hours, etc). This filter was set up in my T-Mobile account.

6. The other filter I wanted to create was in Gmail itself, which would automatically archive e-mail from the company's domain upon arrival. I wanted to do this so that I didn't have to always go into Gmail and manually archive them. Since I have them pushed directly to my Blackberry, I don't need to go into Gmail to read them.

7. The question is this: since Gmail will automatically archive them and bypass the inbox, will it still be able to push them to my Blackberry?

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by docholliday
    1. I'm on BIS

2. The company I work for does not provide the technicians e-mail addresses. We are all independent contractors under the umbrella of the company.

3. Work orders for the areas I cover are sent to my personal e-mail account, which is with Gmail.

4. I don't reply to work orders, and always archive them so that I have a log of all the work I've done with the company.

5. One of the filters I have set up pushes e-mail originating from the company's domain to my Blackberry (which I like because I can keep the information at my fingertips along with notes about the assignment, billable hours, etc). This filter was set up in my T-Mobile account.

6. The other filter I wanted to create was in Gmail itself, which would automatically archive e-mail from the company's domain upon arrival. I wanted to do this so that I didn't have to always go into Gmail and manually archive them. Since I have them pushed directly to my Blackberry, I don't need to go into Gmail to read them.

7. The question is this: since Gmail will automatically archive them and bypass the inbox, will it still be able to push them to my Blackberry?
    i get it now.

The answer to your question, if i'm understanding correctly, is yes...gmail will still push them to the handheld, even if they bypass the inbox. I know because i just tested this...i set up a gmail filter to filter out emails from my work...sent myself an email from work, and saw what happened.

the only way it will not is if you set the filter up to "delete" the filtered email...i know this because i have a filter set up for deletion of emails from a certain sender, and these don't get forwarded.

but the email taht bypassed the inbox and was archived automatically was still pushed to my device.

does this answer your question?

PIN/ID
    317AFEB6

Yes it does, thank you very much