Do you think we will ever see 2way reconcile with gmail or should I just ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

ellinj no está en línea Stack level 1

gmail 2way reconcile

Advertisement

Do you think we will ever see 2way reconcile with gmail or should I just give up and try yahoo mail?

josephcaraccio no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31a987a7
    I didn't even know yahoo had two way.
    nonnasmyladie [@] vzw [Dot] blackberry [dot] net

PIN: 31a987a7

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2
    Yahoo it hit or miss with message delivery.
    BB8900 is mine!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    i am with you ellinj! i wish gmail had 2 way recon and the ability to create folders too!

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    i am with you ellinj! i wish gmail had 2 way recon and the ability to create folders too!

I am trying yahoo right now. Seems to work well. With Gmail I like to keep my inbox clear which is easy to do by archiving everything. In yMail if I copy everything to a folder to clean the inbox then I loose everything on the device which isn't exactly what I want.

All I want is read items marked read on handheld and vice versa. Seems like it shouldn't be too much to ask.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    yes, but that will be with any email that isn't on a BES. if you move or delete the email, it will delete it from your bb. (i am guessing i want the opposite )
    i tend to save the emails i know i will want again, ON the BB. that way if i do start cleaning out my email boxes, i know if i move/delete the email, it will still be on my bb.

as long as you don't move or delete any of your ymail, then recon will work and do exactly what you are wanting

I have been using yahoo for a few days now. So far so good. Too many ads in the web client and the spam filter is much inferior to gmail's. I am thinking about trying the premium yahoo mail product which will remove the adds and supposed has "spamguard plus" whatever that is.

whsbuss no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by tdawg View Post
    Yahoo it hit or miss with message delivery.
    I've noticed that too.

tbhuang2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Well, if it's been this long that we haven't seen a good, instant 2way IMAP-style reconcile then I doubt it will come anytime soon if at all. RIM is just helping out Hotmail, AOL, and Yahoo. Right now Gmail has instant POP which is nice, but still nothing compared to what those have.
    BB Wishlist:
    -Gmail BIS integration with an effective 2-way read/unread sync solution.
    -More capable integrated alarm.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by ellinj View Post
    ..........I am thinking about trying the premium yahoo mail product which will remove the adds and supposed has "spamguard plus" whatever that is.
    I'll be interested to see how it works if you try it. I've used Yahoo as my main email for a couple of years now and it has THE WORST spam filter I've ever seen. I block most of the ads using adblock plus, an add-on for Firefox - it works great...but the spam is unreal and impossible to weed out all of it doing it yourself.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I'll be interested to see how it works if you try it. I've used Yahoo as my main email for a couple of years now and it has THE WORST spam filter I've ever seen. I block most of the ads using adblock plus, an add-on for Firefox - it works great...but the spam is unreal and impossible to weed out all of it doing it yourself.

I supposed I could forward email through gmail and gmail do the filtering. The spam filter on yahoo is horrible.