Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I'm not sure if everyone is aware of this but I have been doing it ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

shady7twenty4 no está en línea Stack level 2

free BB modem use

I'm not sure if everyone is aware of this but I have been doing it for some time now. You can connect you BB to a laptop and use it as a modem for free net access it works for Verizon for sure problem for other carriers as well. Why pay 60.a month when you can get the same for free? Let me know if you guys know how to do this or not it is a very simple process to set up.

OK here goes my guide this is for Verizon wireless modem use. For different carries you need the number to dial into the network, and your personal email/username.

1. You need to have the desktop manager installed (the dm can be found here )

2. Next you have to set up a modem connection. On xp/98 click start, control panel, then open network connections. From the network connections screen find on the upper left side "Create a new connection" or go file new connection.

3. On the new connection wizard click next twice, then select "set up my connection manually". Choose the first option on the next page for a dial up modem.
    On the next screen you need to select your BlackBerry. (if you don't see your phone make sure it is on and connected, and also the dm is open and running)

4. ISP name-Name the connection for further reference.

5.Phone number- for Verizon wireless it is #777
    (I will attempt to look up other carriers and edit)

6. User name and password- The username is as i mentioned above either your mobile email address IE 1234567890@vzw3g.com. Or simply your username to log into your wireless providers web site. ---the password does not matter make it whatever you want. DEFAULT vzw

7. Select to have an icon on the desktop, and click finish.

Thats it 7 very simple steps to get free modem use out of your BB. After you have completed these steps anytime you have the phone connect and the desktop manager open just click your dial up icon and you have Internet anywhere you have service.

Here is a way more detailed guide that includes ANY cdma enabled phone
    Last edited by shady7twenty4; 10-15-2008 at 09:43 PM.

grymtyrant@msn. no está en línea Stack level 3
    I know how to connect it. Just afraid if I do that I will be charged out the a** for it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ well with Verizon you get unlimited data with the 30 dollar BB plan. And as long as you don't use limewire or stream gigs of data you won't get cought. I have been doing this for a long time with my VX6000 and my VX9800 and now my BB!

Yeah I have sprint and the everything plan that has unlimited date. When I connect via bluetooth it asks for username and password though. I just put in my login for sprint.com

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Ill post a how to guide for this before the end of the day

yeah but there has to be some way they can track it.

kiwami no está en línea Stack level 1
    can't wait ! travelling across state tommorow perfect timing lol

wyy183 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AAA616
    TMO includes tethering with the $19.95 unlimited e-mail & internet plan. I use mine of a fairly regular basis. Unfortunately, where I live, I only have GPRS access, which is painfully slow. When I can "trick" it to using EDGE on AT&T's tower, it is much more acceptable!!

jjdm858 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Cheers!
    It works on US Cellular to which I have doing for quite some now .don't worry about the minutes cause they offer unlimited data for 2495 with voice mail plan ia BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yeah for sprint its 49.99 and cant be added to the everything plan. As if I would pay that much fricken money for that.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Sorry I don't have access to pc right now but as soon as I get home I will post step by step for free tethering

But just cause your getting it free on verizon doesnt mean that others on other carriers will.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by grymtyrant@msn. View Post
    But just cause your getting it free on verizon doesnt mean that others on other carriers will.
    ^^^ Indeed. Some carriers even require that you download some sort of utility to your laptop/PC in order to use the tethering feature.

I so want to use it for free. I dont have to download anything. But on my comp when using it via bluetooth I need to put in a password and like #777 for phone number. I refreshed a page to see if it'd work and it did great, and was using it for about twenty secs. Havent seen a charge though on my usages.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Don't think this works on ATT, they have to add the tethering plan ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast