Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi all- I use my BB (BIS) to get email when i am out of ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

jaytBB no está en línea Stack level 1

Forward Email?

Advertisement

Hi all-
    I use my BB (BIS) to get email when i am out of the office- and MS Outlook when in the office. We do not have an Exchange Server.
    My question is:
    I am goin away on vacation and would like to know if there is a way i can have some emails automatically forwarded to a co-worker.. is there some kind of filter or something that i can set up?

thx

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB
    idk if you can automatically foward them but you can just foward them as you get them...but i dont think you can foward attachments

Thx- but i will be in an area that i may not receive email (no coverage).

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Jay you want to forward some emails but not all email that come thru? like from a specific sender? or topic??
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    are you trying to forward your work email to your coworker's computer or bb? you can set up a rule in outlook to fwd if that is the way you are receiving. it may send you a copy too, but you can always just turn wireless off. i have never forwarded free mail before.

SuzzyP, yes- from a specific sender.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    In Outlook you can set a rule when all emails from a certain person come in you an tell Outlook what you want it to do. Forward to another person, copy to another person or even delete the message.

cp6169- can i do that even if my computer is turned off?

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~no cause this way the message will be automatically sent to your bb

sn1p3r- thx. i guess there is no way for me to do this then.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    Absolutely, I do it all the time.

Go into Outlook, then go to tools, and rules wizard.

Create new rule, check messages when they arrive, from people or distribution list, in the rule description box click from people or distribution list, then choose the email address that you want to filter to someone else.

Then in the next screen choose forward to people or distrribution list, in the description box choose the email you want the messages to be forwarded to, then choose any exceptions if you want. last turn the rule on, and you are done.

Outlook does not have to be open for this.

This has nothing to do with redirector, BIS or BES. This is just setting a filter for when you get an email it will be sent to someone else.

Am I missing what the OP wants to do? He wants to have certain messages go to a certain person with Outlook? What I explained will do just that.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G
    In addition, you may want to set up an out of office reply stating that you are not in to receive messages and your mail is being forwarded to "xxxx's" e-mal address!

Just an addition to the great response by CP!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~is there a way to forward hotmail emails to another email addy with out using outlook? I don't have outlook but would like my hotmail emails to be sent to my BB.net account.

Thanx.

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3
    some internet emails have a forwarding option. Hotmail, unfortunately does not...even if you pay for the premium service.

and it sucks because Hotmail doesn't have an agreement with T-mobile so BB push doesn't work even if you pay for the premium service (but it works fine with Cingular)

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Which email service provider are you using? Is it your Blackberry account? And which carrier are you using?

In T-Mobile, you can log onto your BIS, and set any emails that come to one of whatever email addresses you have set up to automatically CC that email to another email address.

So say you have 4 email addresses on your device, but you want your gmail to be CC to someone else, you can set it up so only your gmail is CC'd and not your other email addresses.

But, there is no way to do it by only a sender name or whatnot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast