i am trying to setup a new email account in the web client when i ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

castleco no está en línea Stack level 2

Force pop instead of imap

Advertisement

i am trying to setup a new email account in the web client
    when i add the account it defaults to imap Is there a way to change that to pop3

i have other email accounts (on the same domain) that are all pop, but i am trrying to setup a new one and it is not pop3. Is there a way I can force a change?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Force pop instead of imap

Quote Originally Posted by castleco View Post
    i am trying to setup a new email account in the web client
    when i add the account it defaults to imap Is there a way to change that to pop3

i have other email accounts (on the same domain) that are all pop, but i am trrying to setup a new one and it is not pop3. Is there a way I can force a change?
    Try this. Go to your carriers website and set it up there. When you do purposefully put the wrong password in. It will not be able to validate the account and should give you the option to enter the settings manually. You should then be able to enter the settings on your own. I believe you have the option of choosing pop3 or imap during the set up. Hope it helps.

i tried that - no luck - the carrrier is Verizon - and obviously this is BIS - the new version of BIS
    Eric Jacobowitz

i tried that - no luck - the carrrier is Verizon - and obviously this is BIS - the new version of BIS
    What email account are we trying to set up? Is it actually an imap on the server side?

on the server it must be seeing some imap folders but I can use pop3. We are using pop in outlook on the email account
    Eric Jacobowitz

Problem solved - run the account setup but let blackberry web client import settings from Outlook - That works. The account on the BIS is now POP

Thanks
    Eric Jacobowitz

Problem solved - run the account setup but let blackberry web client import settings from Outlook - That works. The account on the BIS is now POP

Thanks
    Thanks for posting how you got it fixed. I am sure it will help someone here as well.