Hey all, I currently have my work email forwarded to my blackberry.net address via a ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

smm115 no está en línea Stack level 1

filter emails with large attachments?

Advertisement

Hey all,

I currently have my work email forwarded to my blackberry.net address via a server side rule on my company's exchange server (I had problems with bis, this was my last resort). The one problem I noticed is that when someone sends me an email with a large attachment, they receive a message that the attachment is too large to be delivered. I receive the email in my work email account no problem,but nothing comes to my bb. I have no problem with not getting the email on my bb, but people see the message about the attachment being too large and continue to send it, and just load up my inbox.

So my question is, is there a way to set up a filter to prevent emails from being forwarded to my bb if they are over a certain file size (say 5 MBs)?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Sean

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    When you're setting up your rule, and you get to the Exception page, there is an option to not forward if the message has an attachment, but I don't think you can specify the size at which it won't forward.

smm115 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'll have to check with our IT guy to see if that is possible. Would it just be a better idea to integrate a gmail account and have the mail forwarded to that rather than right to my blackberry.net address? If I'm thinking this through correctly, that would eliminate the problem of the attachments being too big.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I thought you were setting the rule on your desktop, sorry. There might be a way for the Exchange admin to set size limits.

If you really DO want to get the attachments, then yes, the gmail idea might be a better option, although I'm not 100% positive that will solve the problem of the attachment size limitation on the device.