Just wanted to post something that I discovered today. I am on BIS with mail ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

ehadden no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32B84624

Faster email

Advertisement

Just wanted to post something that I discovered today. I am on BIS with mail redirector via corporate account on Lotus notes. Ususally if I get an email on my corporate account, the desktop will receive the email before my blackberry, this is the way it is to work.I made a change on my email reconcile options. I set reconcile on my corporate account with wireless reconcile on. Now when I am emailed on my corpoate account, I receive the email on my blackberry before my desktop. Pretty cool ha! Anyone have any ideas why this is. It is redirecting before it hits my inbox on my account on BIS, Not BES.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Faster email

BES is "Push" email. BIS is "Polled" every 15 minutes except for your blackberry.net email address which is also Push.
    JerryD

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~The Load*ss Bloats email client is very strange. It works in cycles so if you get an email just after the end of a cycle you won't see anything till the next cycle concludes. This is user configurable down to one minute increments. Why anyone would want it as high as one minute baffles me but that is the minimum setting in Bloats. Its because of this that we amost always see email on our Blackberries before it shows in Bloats.

dclawyer no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala
    BES is "Push" email. BIS is "Polled" every 15 minutes except for your blackberry.net email address which is also Push.
    Additionally, BIS email with Gmail and Yahoo are "push"

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

yeah I was gonna say my BIS is not polled every 15 minutes, it's constant. I have tested that theory
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne

the fastest way to get gmail to your device seems to be by forwarding all incoming mail (within gmail) to an email addy through your service provider.

eg. i have a tmo addy xxxx@tmo.blackberry.net in gmail, i forward a copy to that addy, and it gets to my device quicker than the gmail page refreshes itself. literally, within seconds of my gmail acct receiving a msg, its on my device... i often see it on my berry before i ever get to it through a webbrowser even when im sitting at the computer.

probably for other service providers too, but tmo seems to use the device's PIN svc for delivering msgs (email) its just that freakin fast!
    Last edited by jzarowitz; 06-05-2007 at 06:44 PM.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39
    yeah I was gonna say my BIS is not polled every 15 minutes, it's constant. I have tested that theory
    I think you may be confusing the instant PUSH email of gmail/yahoo/hotmail with it being part of BIS. It doesn't poll constantly to generic pop3 email services that have not employed PUSH. BIS is really a shallow version of having a true blackberry solution (BES).
    Last edited by blackninja; 06-05-2007 at 09:47 PM.

projectzero no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by jzarowitz
    the fastest way to get gmail to your device seems to be by forwarding all incoming mail (within gmail) to an email addy through your service provider.

eg. i have a tmo addy xxxx@tmo.blackberry.net in gmail, i forward a copy to that addy, and it gets to my device quicker than the gmail page refreshes itself. literally, within seconds of my gmail acct receiving a msg, its on my device... i often see it on my berry before i ever get to it through a webbrowser even when im sitting at the computer.

probably for other service providers too, but tmo seems to use the device's PIN svc for delivering msgs (email) its just that freakin fast!
    You should be able to directly integrate gmail into the bis and have it push. I know it works that way on cingular, should on tmobile as well since it's all pretty much the same bis system.