I have a new 8130. I have two email accounts associated with the phone. One ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

tcruse11 no está en línea Stack level 1

Exchange sync

Advertisement

I have a new 8130. I have two email accounts associated with the phone. One is a yahoo account and the other is an exchange account.

When I read email on my exchange account through my mac, it never shows up or gets deleted on the phone. Or if I read email on the phone it never shows up as being read on the mac.

Conversely, with my yahoo account, If i read it online or on my phone it shows up as being read on the other device.

Is there any solution to this?

edit: BTW i'm connecting through with BIS, my school won't allow students to connect through BES. I also can connect through IMAP.
    Last edited by tcruse11; 02-29-2008 at 12:57 PM.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Re: Exchange sync

Hi Tcruse, One thing to look out for reading mail on a PC is, the BB will check for mail every 15 minutes. If you get the mail on the PC and do not have the PC set to leave a copy on the server, that mail will not be there for the BB to get. So you can set your mail program to leave a copy on the server. Where that is depends on the mail program you use. On some providers websites where you set up the Mail account at, there is a check to make the account sync a little better. This can be carrier dependant. It also will not be quite as good as BES but does OK.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

joker25944 no está en línea Stack level 2

Does the exchange server have support for IMAP? if it does not then you will not be able to see actions taken on the mac displayed on the phone and the other way two. If it does not support IMAP then POP is your only answer. I have this same issue at school too, where the exchange server does not support IMAP so to get my emails somewhat instant, i have them forwarded from my school email to a gmail account. Depending on if they have IMAP support then i would consider forwarding your email to your yahoo account.

tcruse11 no está en línea Stack level 1

I kind of figured i would have to use IMAP. It is supported by the school, well at least, last time i checked.