I am a Drexel grad student and starting Monday I will have the option to ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

BCoop8184 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32B12DA7

Exchange Labs

Advertisement

I am a Drexel grad student and starting Monday I will have the option to use GMail, Microsoft Exchange Labs, or Hotmail for my university e-mail. I already use GMail and for the most part really like it. I also like how I can sync my GMail calendar automatically with my Vzw 8703e. However, this Microsoft Exchange Labs looks really interesting. Would I be able to sync my contacts with it as well as my calendar? They call it "exchange e-mail, calendar, and contacts." Anyone know exactly what this means? Will it be like BES? Oh, and they also use something called "activesync." I have no idea what this is either. Thanks.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Exchange Labs

amy luck on this?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Exchange Labs

Quote Originally Posted by BCoop8184 View Post
    I am a Drexel grad student and starting Monday I will have the option to use GMail, Microsoft Exchange Labs, or Hotmail for my university e-mail. I already use GMail and for the most part really like it. I also like how I can sync my GMail calendar automatically with my Vzw 8703e. However, this Microsoft Exchange Labs looks really interesting. Would I be able to sync my contacts with it as well as my calendar? They call it "exchange e-mail, calendar, and contacts." Anyone know exactly what this means? Will it be like BES? Oh, and they also use something called "activesync." I have no idea what this is either. Thanks.
    I'm not aware of what Exchange Labs is but I doubt if it will work like a BES on the BB. ActiveSync is Microsoft's equivalent of Intellisync that RIM uses for sync. It works with Windows and some Cellphone OS.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

kclemson no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by BCoop8184 View Post
    Hi - I actually work on the exchange team and ran across your question. Activesync is the protocol that is used by phones from Nokia, Palm, Sony and others to synchronize mail, tasks, calendar and contacts with your exchange server. You can see more about what phones it supports at http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/ev...wa_mobile.mspx.

I am not the expert on this area but I am pretty sure that we don't have a BES server in our datacenter. If the device supports it you could do IMAP but of course that doesn't help with contacts/calendar/tasks.

Sorry I didn't have a better answer for you... but I did want to say that we would really love your feedback on exchange labs if you did decide to try it out. We're *really* interested to hear from students on what they like and don't like. If you'd like to contact me directly, I can be reached at kclemson at microsoft dot com (although FYI I will be on vacation tomorrow so I apologize in advance if you ping me and I'm not responsive :-)

- KC