We have an Exchange 2007 server and some of our users have BIS accounts. We ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

clikkaboy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    25435BC7

Exchange 2007 and BIS issues

Advertisement

We have an Exchange 2007 server and some of our users have BIS accounts. We have OWA and IMAP setup on the server too. We have no issue in setting up the individual accounts via OWA or IMAP using BIS, although we are having some issues.

The users delete emails on their blackberry or their Outlook and it doesn't seem to synchronise properly (i.e. delete from both sides). I've checked that we have the correct settings on the handset (delete from both) and it's fine.

They are also complaining that it is taking a lot longer to get their emails using OWA or IMAP via Exchange 2007 rather than Exchange 5.5 which is what we had before.

Can anyone give me some advice on this?
    http://www.erme.co.uk | PIN: 25435BC7 | skype: elliottriley

BobL no está en línea Stack level 2
    Do the users access email on their computers though OWA or Outlook? If they access email from Outlook, it's not going to sync on Outlook.

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've noticed it takes about 2 minutes for messages to reach the BlackBerry in this sort of BIS/OWA configuration. How long are your users reporting?

Regarding deletion... which side "wins" during reconciliation conflicts, according to the BlackBerry devices?

PIN/ID
    25435BC7
    Thanks for both of your responses!

BobL - they normally access through Outlook and only sometimes, when they haven't got their laptop do they use OWA. It's not even synching on OWA either - should it?

Thyth - It's been taking up to 10 minutes to reach the BlackBerry. On the deletion side of things, the "Mailbox Wins" - although I have tried it both ways.
    http://www.erme.co.uk | PIN: 25435BC7 | skype: elliottriley

BobL no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hmm, not sure what to tell you. My read/unread syncs fine. I usually do not delete something from my BB until I have ensured it's on my lappy. Usually, it's an email w/ a big attachment.

PIN/ID
    25435BC7
    Not to worry thanks for your advice before.

One last question, with BIS and Exchange 2007, should it keep the inbox in sync with IMAP or OWA as it did on previous versions of Exchange?

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    If the email account is configured as an Exchange account, it will keep in sync with OWA. 10 minutes sounds pretty long though.