Howdy all! I'm trying to help a user with an email account that stops going ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

natesax7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244d259a

Ever have the email server invalidate your password?

Advertisement

Howdy all!

I'm trying to help a user with an email account that stops going to his device.

Fairly often his email will stop showing on the device and after a bit of troubleshooting we find what fixes it is to erase the password in the account set up and add it again. Voila, it starts working again.

The problem is that this happens regularly. Has anyone had this happen to them? I know that AOL servers are prone to this for what ever reason, but this isn't run through AOL.

My user is getting pretty mad with his blackberry because of this. I try to tell him it's not the phone it's the email system connectivity, but that doesn't keep him from dropping the "iPhone" bomb each time this happens.

Anybody have any ideas on how I can keep this user from switching to the "dark-side"?

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Login to his BIS account, delete the email account, go to "Change Devices", re-enter the devices PIN and IMEI. Re-add the email account & then, resend the service books to the device.

See if that solves the issue.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

PIN/ID
    244d259a
    I'll definetly give that a try!
    we have deleted the email account and readded it before, but didn't change pin and imei.

Hopefully this will put a permanent solution in place.

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    It happened to me a couple of times, not with AOL but with Yahoo Mail. I even
    received an email notifying me that account such-and-such has a problem! My PIN
    and my IMEI are entered correctly -- I had to delete and then recreate the (Blackberry association with) my Yahoo account, including typing in the password.
    That did fix it.

The problem might well lie on the AOL/Yahoo side -- they way they interact with BB to get the pushing done.

On one occasion the failure lasted a couple of hours. I managed to get my email
    anyway during this time, by going with my BB browser to mail.yahoo.com and logging in.

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    What type of email account is it. The way it works is that the BIS service runs on polling cycles usually 15 minute intervals. If the BIS service fails to connect to the mail server 8-10 times depending it will invalidate the account. Failing to connect can be caused by several things. It can be caused by password changes, server maintenance, network issues etc.

PIN/ID
    244d259a
    Quote Originally Posted by markgallant View Post
    What type of email account is it. The way it works is that the BIS service runs on polling cycles usually 15 minute intervals. If the BIS service fails to connect to the mail server 8-10 times depending it will invalidate the account. Failing to connect can be caused by several things. It can be caused by password changes, server maintenance, network issues etc.

That's interesting about the polling cycles. I didn't know that after 8-10 times the BIS would invalidate the account on it's own.

We have done the re-association of the Pin and IMEI and so far so good. The account seems to have been invalidating on thursdays every week in the past (Which after talking to a RIM rep seems to be the day most servers do maintenance).

I'll post back in a few days to update everyone!
    Thanks everyone!!

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Glad to hear you may have solved the problem. Post back if you have any further problems...
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

PIN/ID
    244d259a
    So I don't know if I won this battle or not......

The email seemed to continue to work for about 3 days and then the user upgraded to the Curve!

Everything has worked fine on the Curve so I don't really know if the problem was the association for PIN and IMEI or if it was device specific.

Thank you all anyhow!!