I just switched from the 8320 to the 8900 (love it!) I am trying to ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

TedB no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AF2BA8

Email settings

Advertisement

I just switched from the 8320 to the 8900 (love it!) I am trying to figure out where to change the default "send using account" setting. I have 3 email accounts on my bb and it is by default sending mail from my @tmo.blackberry address and I want my default to be from a different account. Any help is appreciated.

artcarney no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by TedB View Post
    I just switched from the 8320 to the 8900 (love it!) I am trying to figure out where to change the default "send using account" setting. I have 3 email accounts on my bb and it is by default sending mail from my @tmo.blackberry address and I want my default to be from a different account. Any help is appreciated.
    Not completly sure TedB but in Setup >> Options >> Advanced Options >> Default Services I see my default email selected for both options. I don't remember if this what does it but you might try.

Best luck!

David
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Yup, singleguy is correct. However, if you send an email with one of your other email addresses, the BB remembers which account you used and will default to that account the next time you send an email to that same address.

TedB no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AF2BA8
    I changed that setting, but it is still defaulting to my @tmo address.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    To all addresses or are you checking it with one specific address? If you changed the Default Services info as singleguy described, you should be good to go. Also, as I said, if you've sent an email to a specific address with an email account other than the one you want to send it with, it will remember the previous account you used and default to that one until you change it and send a new email to that address.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    Right. Say you have @yahoo.com and @gmail.com and the tmo accounts on your phone. The OS remembers who you email from which of those and regardless of your default will send from that address until you start changing composed emails to send to that address with one of the others.
    Basically, that "default" is only default if you never have emailed particula address before. This behavior is not believed to be able to be overridden.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Options> Advanced Options> Default Services

Change the both the settings to the one you would like.