Hoping someone can walk me through a problem. Old BB died, and Verizon sent new. ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

JSAKS no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Email Set Up Issues

Advertisement

Hoping someone can walk me through a problem.

Old BB died, and Verizon sent new. Seem to be having an issue setting up email to the new one.
    BB 7250.

Went on to the BB/verizon webpage & logged in. It asked me if I wanted to update the web - I answered YES.

I changed the handheld device with no issues for BOTH email address. (XXXX@vzw.blackberry.com & my work email address.)

Received email confirmation (x2) on my BB

Attempted to send new message - looks fine on BB, but did not make it to recipient. Upon opening MS OUTLOOK, was greeted with a "failed" email.

Details in failed email are:
    Final Recipient: rfc822;XXXX@domain.com
    Action: Failed
    Remote-MTA: dns; [66.187.254.65]
    Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'FROM address from sending host is invalid' (delivery attempts: 0)
    Reporting-MTA: dns; smtp04.bis.na.blackberry.com

So obvoiusly I have something set up wrong. I've looked on the web, but don't think I've understood anything I've read.

So frustating since I was having NO issues on my old 7250 -- my trackwheel died so I replaced with same model. Thought this would be seamless...

Any guidance will be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Email Set Up Issues

What kind of email address are you sending from?

I am guessing it's not the Verizon email address, but rather your work address right?

Can you send emails with the other 2 email addresses or are all of them failing?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

It is my work email address...I looked thru the BB website last night and send a stackbook? (I think that's what it was called) I don't know if that did anything or not. This morning I'm able to RECEIVE emails and my replies are being received by Everyone EXCEPT those at my work domain. I'm still getting the same failure notice on those messages.
    I just can't figure out where to start to correct the darn thing.

Me again...I've tried calling comcast (they host my company's domain...) I didn't get too far, except that they said it is "probably" an smpt issue and that "perhaps I should change the outbound server on the blueberry" (yes, they said blueberry). Now while I understand how to do that from my desktop...I have NO CLUE how to do it on the BB. (Or if it can be done...) What's so frustrating is that the problem is ONLY within my home domain. (But it's critical for me to have contact with the office.) If anyone can walk me thru what they think I need to do I would be greatful.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Are you on a BES or BIS?

I know it's your work email, so I am not too sure which of those you are on.

I'm not too BES knowledgeable, so don't know how much help I would be there.

But when you set your emails up did you do it from the Verizon BIS website?

Ok - one more thought because while I am PC friendly -- I'm just having a heck of a time wrapping my arms around BB...could this be an "activation enterprise" thing? I have NO CLUE what AE is...(I didn't set up my first BB -- but my company no longer has a system admin -- we outsource...and they are USELESS) I don't want to make things worse by trying the activation thing if it might screw up the email I am able to get...(Am in need of a BB for Dummies tutorial apparently.)
    THanks in advance for anyone's imput.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Sounds like you are on a BES system then.

Who do they outsource their hosting to? Do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    Are you on a BES or BIS?

I know it's your work email, so I am not too sure which of those you are on.

I'm not too BES knowledgeable, so don't know how much help I would be there.

But when you set your emails up did you do it from the Verizon BIS website?
    N8DBB, you must have been posting just as I was...I used the blackberry.com/go/vzw address - which does route me to the bis.na.blackberry.com site....

Could I have set this up on the WRONG ONE? (I was able to log in on this site and just use the "change handheld" option) I don't even see access to the BES site from verizon. (My company does not issue BB to it's sales staff) We have a few who use smartphones, but none of us are on the same kind. (Palm Treo etc)

Unfortunately, the more I'm reading, the more confused I'm getting. Poking around on the BIS help section I see info about setting up accounts. When in the office I use outlook to read my mail, but I can also access my mail from any web browser. So I don't know if that info is of any value....again, my only problem seems to be from within my own domain name. ARGH!!!

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

I didn't read over the post before this last one, but:

See if you have your comcast mail address configured to pop.

If you log in, there should be a preferences or help section, and see what the proper set up for POP is on a comcast account, and then configure it accordingly.

All this will be done via web browser on the comcast webpage.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    Sounds like you are on a BES system then.

Who do they outsource their hosting to? Do you know?
    comcast is the actual "host" of my company's domain -- if BES is the case, why would I still be able to send/rec'v "other" mail.

when I access email from a browser i'm simply using webmail.mydomainname.com and then I log in to the "messaging" center. If I look at my OUTLOOK settings, I can see all my POP info. (It is a POP3 acct) inbound server is set up right on BIS pop3.mydomain.com -- I don't see anywhere in BIS for the SMPT portion...and looking at my outlook set up, my SMPT does say it requires authentication....Is there somewhere on the BB that I set this up...

potthoff no está en línea Stack level 3

Just a thought. Might be totally off base, but my cingular/blackberry address is .net, not .com. Could that be the reason you're not getting mail there?

Quote Originally Posted by potthoff
    Just a thought. Might be totally off base, but my cingular/blackberry address is .net, not .com. Could that be the reason you're not getting mail there?
    I'm receiving fine -- it's the sending that seems to be snafu - and we're a .com within the office.