I am new to BB and am having problems with Email Reconciliation. I am using ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

jdhill3 no está en línea Stack level 1

Email Reconciliation Problems

Advertisement

I am new to BB and am having problems with Email Reconciliation. I am using Exchange 03 with Outlook 03. When I delete a message on my BB, it is deleted from Outlook. When I move or delete messages in Outlook, no changes on made on the BB. I checked and I have Wireless Reconcile On. Any suggestions.

jdhill3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Another issue - on the BB Desktop the checkbox for Reconcile Messages is disabled.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    jdhill3,

Are you doing a perminant delete in outlook (Shift Delete)? This could cause the first problem. Or it could be because you've set up or email in BIS as an IMAP client and in that case Reconciliation is only one way. Deletions on your Outlook will not be deleted on your handheld. As to the second, without a BES, you cannot Reconcile Messages using the Desktop.

Hope this Helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by jdhill3
    I am new to BB and am having problems with Email Reconciliation. I am using Exchange 03 with Outlook 03. When I delete a message on my BB, it is deleted from Outlook. When I move or delete messages in Outlook, no changes on made on the BB. I checked and I have Wireless Reconcile On. Any suggestions.
    Something else that you might also try:

Go into the particular email account you are referring to:

1. Press your track wheel to bring up your drop down menu.
    2. Select Options. This brings up your "Message Options" page.
    3. Select "Email Reconciliation"
    4. Make sure under "Message Services:" (if you have more than one email account configuered for you BB) that you select the email account in question.
    5. For the "ON Conflicts" selection select which medium you would give precedence to in a conflict ie, handheld wins or mailbox wins. It is all about your personal choice. I normally keep "Handheld Wins" selected so that my BB has the last word since I am always on the go. Hopefully, this may be a solution for you. Good luck !

dogNamedMerl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E19E6C

Thumbs down This 1-way reconciliation thing is a drag!

I have the same issue. The two main email servers I use are imap and I have no control over that (actually I wouldn't change it).

I love that I can delete my mesages (stored on the server) from my BB, but hate that the server can't *push* a delete to it! I can't imagine any technical reason (with imap) that RIM couldn't make this work. Why should I have to delete things twice?!

I've had my BB for 4 days and this is the one thing that I don't love about it. There must be tons of people annoyed by this.

Does anyone know if there's any hope for ever having imap 2-way reconcile support in the future?

Does anyone have a work-around?

Does RIM have a suggestion box (or suggestion email address)?!

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    It's only been recently that we could get the 1 way reconciliation with an IMAP server, with the BIS 2.0 upgrade. Yes it probably could be done, but it would take a lot more handshaking with the server. There were probably some trade off made by RIM and two way reconciliation didn't make the cut.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

dk18947 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Email Reconciliation Problems

After several hours on the phone with support, I am being told that one way reconciliation is all that is supported. Unless anyone knows of a work around, I'll be returning the phone. I had no idea. I have had 2 way reconciliation with palm pilots for years, just never live e-mail. I get hundreds of e-mails daily and work many on my pc and many on my phone. If every time I go to my phone I have to delete all the e-mails a second time, it is useless to me.

Am I missing something? There are other people in my company that have used blackberry's for years and love it; I know they are not deleting e-mails twice-- there must be some work around. I thought I remembered they set up a myname@blackberry.com, but not sure what the rest of the set up would be.

I assume one of the TREO's or other such windows based phones may work better for what I need?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

dk,

I would imagine that the others in your company are on a Company BES, if they have 2 way reconciliation. That is the only way possible. I'm sorry your experience is not what you expected.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

schwinn140 no está en línea Stack level 1

Isn't this so self defeating for blackberry? It will really limit their push into the consumer market if they are relying so heavily on their BES just for simple 2 way reconciliation.

stupid move if you ask me.
    Last edited by schwinn140; 01-09-2007 at 05:01 PM.

Bruce8989 no está en línea Stack level 1

BIS Email Reconciliation: Let me see if I have the facts straight. I've had my BB 8700c for about a week on BB's BIS. I believe I am only getting 1-way reconciliation. I get inbound email on desktop and HH. I have to open and delete on both. Outbound Email from my desktop doesn't show up on my HH at all. So basically, I can read and send email from my HH, but have to clean up the desktop when I get to the office.

The only fix (short of hosting our own BES), is to go to a hosted BES /Microsoft Exchange Server (e.g. Mailstreet). This involves moving my primary business email from our current provider to the hosted site, and then paying for the BB upgrade BES site. The cost is roughly $10 / month for the Exchange Server, and another $10 / month for the BES piece + a one time charge of $40.00 to set up the BES account. Then I find out I also have to upgrade my umlimited Cingular data plan to the BES plan which is $50/month vs. the $30 for the BIS plan. Soooo to get 2-way reconcil. Its $70.00 per month : ( Wow.... I wish I'd known before making the BB decision. Are these facts correct? Oh yeah --- Cingular won't let Yahoo IM on their network. So my fancy BB can't do what my old phone did easily. Grrrr.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

hi bruce, welcome to pinstack!
    when i send an email from my hh using outlook/work email, it is saved in my saved messages in the outlook client (even if its just a reply). when i chose to delete an email, i chose handheld and mailbox and it deletes both places. you are right when you say that 'sent messages' originating from desktop will not show up on your hh. yes, if you are sitting at your desk most of the day, this can become annoying...especially if you receive a ton of mail. and yes, i think the only solution for you is BES or hosted BES.

Handlebar no está en línea Stack level 1

Why would BB want you to use 2-way reconcile with IMAP when they could get a BES license out of you? I'm pretty ticked off about that b/c I just signed a 2 year contract in blood with Cingular so that I could get the BB Perl. My corp email is hosted and I user IMAP with Outlook. I have the same issues mentioned above: I do a lot of email on my computer, and I need it sync'd with my BB. That's not going to happen, which makes the convenience of having a BB all that much less. Fortunately, I still have time to bring my device back and get a Treo. Another option, is to direct my corp mail to a Gmail account and use Gmail Mobile, which I'm already doing with my personal Gmail account. Problem there is that if you have no signal, you can't get the Gmail. An you can't compose offline (as far as I can tell).