I currently have a gmail email account on my blackberry - I configured the account ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

elfrodo no está en línea Stack level 1

Email questions...Gmail

Advertisement

I currently have a gmail email account on my blackberry - I configured the account using the imap.gmail.com server / Port 993 / SSL - Yes / Email server type: IMAP4.
    I am trying to set up my account such that if I am checking my gmail account on my PC and delete the emails that I read - these emails will be deleted on my blackberry as well. Right now if I go through 50 emails on my computer and delete them, I pick up my blackberry and have to delete them all individually. Can anyone provide some assistance?
    My settings in my gmail account are as follows: POP is disabled, IMAP is enabled (I have tinkered back and forth with these and nothing seems to work)

Also. what does "reconcile now' mean and "wireless reconcile': on/off refer to? on conflicts - mailbox/handheld?
    Thanks
    Last edited by elfrodo; 02-08-2008 at 03:42 PM.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Email questions...Gmail

Although the IMAP is usualy instant, it is not with Google and IMAP through your BIS service. If you want an almost instant responce from the Gmail server so they delete on the BB when you delete them from the PC then you should install the Gmail app from here: http://www.google.com/mobile/mail/index.html from the PC or via WAP on the BB here: http://www.gmail.com/app

elfrodo no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks.
    what about these settings?, what should they be set to?
    POP and IMAP (on my gmail account)

Use this link for the IMAP settings for the BB: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...82&topic=12814

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I have also started using my G-Mail account again. I want to be able to send emails using that address but DO NOT want a copy of them in my inbox on my BB. How do I set up the filters?

For BIS Gmail: Go to your carriers BIS page, click the filter icon next to the gmail account, add your gmail addy as the filtered content and choose the "from" in the drop down. Add the filter making sure that do not forward is chosen. That will stop it from coming back from gmail to the BB.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I got it. Thanks.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~anytime