I just got this message, don't know what it means: This email account is no ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

kermalou no está en línea Stack level 2

email problem: rec'd an email from RIM

Advertisement

I just got this message, don't know what it means:

This email account is no longer accessible by your BlackBerry device. This issue may be caused by a problem with your email provider.

To resume email delivery, login to your BlackBerry Internet Service account and verify that settings for this email account are correct.

pdclarke no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: email problem: rec'd an email from RIM

I received this message some time ago. Basically, I changed my password to my Gmail account, but did not login to BIS to update it. Log into your BIS account and update the password for the email account.

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~sign in to your bis and set up that email account again, it should work then maybe the settings in that email got messed up or maybe did you change your password?

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Haven't seen that one but login to your BIS and check your account settings. You may delete the email account in question and re-enter it and see if that solves the problem.

Of course, I would also go directly to the BIS site via your "Favorites" or typing it in directly and not clicking on any links in the email just in case it is a "phishing" email trying to obtain your information.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

stonec1 no está en línea Stack level 1

It means that the BIS service can no longer log into that specific email account. This could be for a couple of different reasons. Most commonly it means that your email server possibly went down or they are doing updates for instance. Secondly it could be a RIM BIS problem since they had some issues yesterday. To resolve it, simply log into your BIS account online and click on the email account which should have a red round circle with a cross through it. It will then force it to try and log into your email account with the settings that are saved and tell you if it had success or not. Also, did you happen to change your email password for the account that isn't accessible anymore? (that could be it).

kermalou no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I logged in via my computer and for some reason it had that red cross.

Just had to re-enter the same information again

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

I had that happen to one of my accounts. It was a business account hosted by Yahoo. Only thing I could figure (since I hadn't done any changes on it) was that Yahoo upgraded their email servers and it caused a conflict with BIS until I removed it and readded the address.

Zo