I have looked on this forum for the answer to this and I am not ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

SweetLeaf no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Email pics to phones

Advertisement

I have looked on this forum for the answer to this and I am not sure I have seen it so please bear with me. I am with Alltel, have a pearl 8130 and have added my email acct on my phone. I can send and receive e-mails fine but want to know how to send pics to other people's cell phones (those that can't get e-mail on their phones) with different carriers. The address I saw on here to send to a verizon phone doesn't seem to work from my phone (the post was for people with sprint phones but I am thinking there shouldn't be a difference). Would love help from anyone else who is with Alltel. Oh and I got the within two weeks answer from the store as to when the software would allow mms texts to be sent. Seems like that is the norm on here.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Welcome to the Stacks!
    Others w/no push email can only receive pix via mms. Take the pic you want and copy to your device, then send via mms.

You came send it to yourself as well via your own email from desktop. Then open the email>open attachment>save image, then send mms from your device.
    Last edited by Jbee; 07-31-2008 at 04:15 PM. Reason: added extra tip

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    JBee....alltel 8130 users have no MMS option....

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Dooaaah! That's what I get for sticking w/ one provider all these years. My bad. Looks like I learned something else today-thx!

Haha...I still learn new things here every day

I'm with alltel and never got the pictures to send and receive properly to other phones. That's because the bb can only send as an attachment and the phone you send it to can't open attachments.....never found a way to do it....

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

5 one no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    They say there is an os update comming out soon. I talked to bb tech for two hours last saturday night and he told me that an os update will not fix the mms issue and that there was going to be a server update that would fix the mms issue, but not any time soon. That what he said not me. The hole mms thing with alltel sucks!!

PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Ok, just might have found a way. I have the Curve and the 8130. I just sent an mms message, via email, (using my gmail acct.) My 8130 got it as mms. Let me clarify: I used my gmail email account to send it as mms. I wonder if you could do the same if you used gmail? I did not have this option w/other email accounts, but I remembered that I always send my device mms links via gmail-through my Mozilla browser. Could you test this theory for me? If you want.

When you press menu, it says email 217xxx-xxxx/mms 217xxx-xxxx
    Last edited by Jbee; 07-31-2008 at 04:40 PM. Reason: for got to add...

Quote Originally Posted by 5 one View Post
    They say there is an os update comming out soon. I talked to bb tech for two hours last saturday night and he told me that an os update will not fix the mms issue and that there was going to be a server update that would fix the mms issue, but not any time soon. That what he said not me. The hole mms thing with alltel sucks!!
    Everyone you talk to tells a different story...I can send pics via mms with my 8330 so it must be software controlled.....unless everything 8330 related uses its own special server.....

5 one no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    yes they do!!!

PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Everyone you talk to tells a different story...I can send pics via mms with my 8330 so it must be software controlled.....unless everything 8330 related uses its own special server.....
    That's what i was wondering. I tried using sending using email to my 8130 phone # and it came back w/message status(w/red X) Message included an invalid address. So I clicked menu on the open/rejected message and there was an option to mms #. I am thinking it defaulted an mms from my device, but in my outbox it seems as though it was sent using my gmail address. But alas, I does not show in my gmail outbox. Oh well, worth a shot.

Hey, it's always good to experiment....never know when a trick just might work
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

SweetLeaf no está en línea Stack level 1
    Sending pics to any email address from my phone works. I just can't send an e-mail to someone's phone who can't get email. I guess I thought you could e-mail a phone with the phone number@verizon/tmobile/whatever phone company they use. Stupid alltel needs to get their phones fixed.