My mom just gave me her 8700 when she updated to a Curve, and I'm ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

lovestella no está en línea Stack level 1

email issues galore

Advertisement

My mom just gave me her 8700 when she updated to a Curve, and I'm having the worst trouble with this phone! I've checked the forum for my topics and I didn't see anything that helped to resolve the same issues I'm having.

1) After deleting messages on my handheld they're still going to my Outlook Express inbox, even hours after I've deleted them on both Handheld & Mailbox. I've tried almost everything that Blackberry suggests to do in this situation, taken from the Blackberry FAQ. Most of them didn't apply to me because I never use the Desktop Manager but I went ahead and installed it and I'm still having issues after trying out the suggestions.

2) When attempting to correct the first problem, I deleted my email accounts from the handheld and set them up again, doing this created more issues for me. Now I'm getting duplicate emails on the handheld, but not in Outlook.

I installed the Desktop manager and selected the BES option upon installation even though I have no idea what half of the stuff is for. I just need to fix those pesky emails!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: email issues galore

1) Where to begin! This requires a whole "How Email Works" class! Since you're using Outlook Express, which does NOT support IMAP, you're almost definately using SMTP email. When someone sends you an email, it's stored on your SMTP email server. Typically, like with Gmail or Yahoo mail, you can view it directly on the server through a Web Browser like IE. Outlook Express does NOT look at the message on the server. Rather, it copies it down to your computer, and depending on how you have it set up it may or may not delete the message from the server. When you select "Delete from Mailbox..." on your BlackBerry, it deletes the message from the server - not from the copy you may (or may not have) in OE. Be aware that for most services when you delete a message from your Mailbox on your BlackBerry, it does NOT go typically go to to the trash where it can be recovered - it is just permanently deleted, and if you have not retrieved a copy in OE, you will not be able to. In short, your BlackBerry does NOT sync with your Outlook Express Inbox.

2) You probably have your BIS account forwarding messages from your email account(s) to your BlackBerry, AND have your email account(s) forwarding email to your BlackBerry.net email address. I recommend eliminating the latter and use your BIS account to forward emails to your BlackBerry.

BES is almost definitely NOT what you want. BES = BlackBerry ENTERPRISE Server which is typically used by companies and BES service providers. Change your Desktop Manager setup to use BIS - BlackBerry INTERNET Service.
    JerryD

Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala View Post
    1) In short, your BlackBerry does NOT sync with your Outlook Express Inbox.
    Alright, the second issue has stopped after I deleted and set up my email account for the millionth time.

As far as mail not being deleted in my OE inbox goes, I've been using a 7290 for the past two years, and I never had this problem with that phone. I'm not able to post links but if you Google "Blackberry email messages not deleted after reconciliation" the Blackberry FAQ that I've been using will come up.
    1. The email message was permanently deleted in the Microsoft Outlook Inbox.
    2. Outlook is configured to empty the Deleted Items folder.
    3. The Delete On option is set to Handheld.
    4. The Reconcile Email check box is not selected.
    5. The Folder Management registry value is corrupt.
    6. Folder and Message databases are corrupt.
    7. Messages were deleted from the BlackBerry device with the Delete Prior option.
    I've tried all of those minus number four, because, when I attempt to check the Reconcile Email in Intellisync the check box is disabled so I'm not able to check it

I guess I'll just have to keep posting on here until the issue is resolved. I can't get Blackberry Customer Service on the phone from my land line, like they suggest you do.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

One thing you need to check on first is in your BIS account online, make sure that the "Synchronize deleted items between this mailbox and my device." is checked in the Edit settings of the account. This is the same location that the email signature is located.

A few other things to keep in mind is that if you keep OE open all the time, it will download the message BEFORE the BB has a chance to delete it. If you don't keep OE open all the time and delete the message from the BB and it still does not delete the message from the server, then your server may not be able to accept the responce from the BB to delete the message. Not all mail servers will accept the delete responce. I have 4 email accounts setup on my BIS and only three will delete the messages.

Thank you all for your help, but as always after I go and mention any problem it clears itself up. I dunno what I did, but it stopped sending deleted emails after I deleted and restored my email account for the 5th time.