Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So much useful info on here!! stumbled on here and so glad I did!!! I ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

ncheels24 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    201954A6

Email in both Messages and email folder

Advertisement

So much useful info on here!! stumbled on here and so glad I did!!! I just loaded the new 4.1 and love it so far! (Have 7100t T-Mobile)

I like having the folder just for my biz emails. But they also come into my "messages" folder as well. If I delete it out of the "messages" folder it also deletes out of my biz folder too.
    How can I keep it in just my biz folder?

Thanks for the help!!!!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Email in both Messages and email folder

and we a GLAD to have you!

When u say "biz folder" what exactly do u refer to?

ncheels24 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    201954A6

I have two Business email accounts (biz folders). When I get a new email coming into my business emails it also goes into the Messages folder as well. If I delete it out of the messages section it also deletes it out of the business folder too.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

This is a new feature of the 4.1 software which creates inboxes for every email account you have and no matter what address the mail is going to, it's also dumped into your BB's main messages folder. I get emails to my AOL account folder and also to my messages folder also.

friedreich no está en línea Stack level 1

I think what ncheels24 is looking for (and I am looking for, too) is to have one folder for each pop or html mailbox and one for the Enterprise email in addition to the general "messages" folder which contains everything from ALL mailboxes.

projectzero no está en línea Stack level 2

Unfortunately there's no way in the stock rim software to seperate out your BES messages into their own box. It's possible that third party software can do this, but I'm not on a BES so I never looked.

remydog no está en línea Stack level 1

Is it possible to have to Enterprise Server accounts sending email to the Pearl? I have both a work and home email account that is Enterprise based and would like to have both email accounts feeding the handheld into separate folders. Can that be done?

MSK

BBpush099 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2046327c

You will not be able to keep it in your so called biz folder. Anything you delete out of your messages folder will delete out of the other.
    I'm true to the game called Blackberry!

Quote Originally Posted by BBpush099
    You will not be able to keep it in your so called biz folder. Anything you delete out of your messages folder will delete out of the other.
    Right now, I have two email folder icons on my BB. The first is the overall catchall where everything goes -- email, phone log, etc. The second is just the email from my home email. I realize if I delete an email message off of either folder, it deletes out of the other.

Setting aside that issue, what I want to do is receive mail from two different email accounts, both set up on exchange servers. My Outlook desktop cannot handle that (one is resident, the other I access through a web access), but I have heard conflicting information on whether this can be done on my BB. I am guessing that if it can be done, it will result in a third mail icon on my desktop - the two that I already have and the new one for the new exchange server account. I realize that both email accounts will be dumping into the catchall folder, and that's fine. I can always open just one or the other email folder if I only want to look at email from that particular account.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

remydog, is the one account you have outlook connected to already on a BES? Is that the one you get in your messages list? If so, I would suggest that you add the OWA account to you BIS as a separate account. You still won't get the BES in a separate icon but you can use an ALT + shortcut key filter to view only them and the other two accounts will have their one icon based filter.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    remydog, is the one account you have outlook connected to already on a BES? Is that the one you get in your messages list? If so, I would suggest that you add the OWA account to you BIS as a separate account. You still won't get the BES in a separate icon but you can use an ALT + shortcut key filter to view only them and the other two accounts will have their one icon based filter.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You completely lost me.

boggeyghost no está en línea Stack level 1

How can I simultaneously delete email from my blackberry and my outlook at the same time?

bb>all no está en línea Stack level 1

That call logging drove me nuts when it filled my inbox. If you want to turn it off go to call log. Hit menu key, go to options, then call logging, and select none. It will free up a lot of inbox space. You still have your regular call log but it will not send as messages.

kilodd5 no está en línea Stack level 1

Does anyone know why I keep receiving the most recent email pushed to my BB after I've either read or sent an email on OWA (outlook on the web)? I always receive the msg a 2nd time.

Thanks!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ncheels24
    So much useful info on here!! stumbled on here and so glad I did!!! I just loaded the new 4.1 and love it so far! (Have 7100t T-Mobile)

I like having the folder just for my biz emails. But they also come into my "messages" folder as well. If I delete it out of the "messages" folder it also deletes out of my biz folder too.
    How can I keep it in just my biz folder?

Thanks for the help!!!!
    Well hope you see this. Someone "bumpped" the thread and this is the first time I'm seeing it!

As noted above, the Messages folder receives ALL email, and can optionally display SMS messages. Also, BES (BlackBerry Enterprise email) goes to Messages ONLY. This can be a pain if you have several BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) email accounts as well as a BES account.

I've posted a workaround - Separate Messages with Saved Searches that may help.
    JerryD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast