Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just finally made the switch over to TMobile and today is the first full ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Email delivery delay through BIS

Advertisement

I just finally made the switch over to TMobile and today is the first full work day since porting everything over. It seemed like mail delivery was slow but I now have sent 3 test emails and the time it takes to make the return to my inbox varies from 11 to 16 minutes! I essentially sent myself an email from my 8700g to my comcast pop acct which is set up to be received on my handset. Had these same accounts set up with Nextel and never had.a delay. I tried to search, but didn't find anything after a few attempts. Any suggestions as to what my problem might be and how to correct? Feel free to PIN me. Thanks!!!!

Argelius no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Email delivery delay through BIS

For what it's worth, I am experiencing the same problem with my 2-day old 8700g from T-Mobile. On Saturday when I set everything up, email was instantaneous; today it's not. Maybe (hopefully!) it's a temporary problem.

The only troubleshooting I've done was to resend my 'service books' (still don't really know what they are, but gave it a shot...)

PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    I sure hope it is! Is your pop3 email Comcast by chance? Let's hope its not. Then it might be a TMO issue, which will likely get fixed!

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

Just an FYI T-Mobile is not on a bis they are on a BIE and mail does not work threw T-Mobile directly nor does it threw any other company... It works directly threw RIM and your email provider. SO if your SMS is not being delayed and your data connection seems fine then it is on your proviers side or RIM... Most cases it is your email provider... AAs far as i know right now T-Mobile has no system issues going on.
    One thing that leads to delayed mail is having to many email in your email providers mail box. For instance if you have 1000 emails in your providers box, the RIM server has to go threw everyone of those looking for the new ones which can cause it to time out.

Argelius no está en línea Stack level 2

My email is not through Comcast...so that's not the problem.
    And my email boxes are essentially empty, so that's not the problem...

All I am saying is all the Mobile Carriers do is Provision you to be allowed to use the email and internet service.. the rest works threw RIM and your email provider
    Welcome to my World!

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

I have noticed that email will get thru my gmail account to my blackberry quicker than what it will to my Thunderbird on my computer (I have work email going to GMail forwarded to my BB email). Let me know if you want a gmail account and I will send you an invite on it if you don't have it yet. It may take some set up and be a pain in the @ss, but you could always forward ur email to your gmail and forward it to your BB?

Well the way that works N8DBB is one of the reason T-Mobile upgraded to the BIE instead of the old BIS is because witht eh new systems and the email providers working directly with RIM.. soon all the email will be Point blank delivery.. yahoo was the first and now gmail is working on it .. what this means is no more delays.. and then finally the ability to sync online calanders and contacts.. how kick *** is that
    Welcome to my World!

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by pentace
    how kick *** is that
    Very. Glad they finally got over this lawsuit B.S. so that RIM has more time now to focus on bigger and better things!

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~haha hell yeah

PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    I have noticed that email will get thru my gmail account to my blackberry quicker than what it will to my Thunderbird on my computer (I have work email going to GMail forwarded to my BB email). Let me know if you want a gmail account and I will send you an invite on it if you don't have it yet. It may take some set up and be a pain in the @ss, but you could always forward ur email to your gmail and forward it to your BB?
    Thanks man, but I already have one. I am going to try and see if I forward my comcast email to my gmail, if that speeds it up. I just got to my laptop, and my emails are going right from my bb to comcast box. They just arent making it out of there back to my bb timely. I will keep you posted.

PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

By the way Hdyn, I would like to change my vote on the contest to split between Pentace and N8DBB (if a split vote is possible) I dont deserve my vote! I'll just have to buy my pinstack shirt!

PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

It figures!!!!!!

System Maintenance

Comcast is currently upgrading its systems. As a result, the feature you have requested is temporarily unavailable. Our Customer Service Representatives have no additional information at this time. They will not be able to assist you with this matter during the upgrade. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please check back shortly. Thank you for your patience.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Ha...It figures. Comcast has never been the sharpest tools in the shed. I had comcast about 4 years ago. I cancelled my service with them but apparently it took them until early this year to realize that they still had my email account active. Needless to say that was my spam account. Like I said, they aren't very quick about things.

PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

By the way, I still have test emails I sent 31 minutes ago, that immediately went tomy comcast and gmail mailboxes, that still havent hit my handheld. Did the battery removal, now going to try to resend the service books if i can figure it out. It was easy on Nextel to goto the webclient and do it. we'll see!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast