The summary pretty much explains my problem. I'm on T-mobile. CSR blames my University's internet ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

caryc no está en línea Stack level 1

E-mail issues - e-mails coming in "bursts" at 11:15 and 5:15 both AM and PM

Advertisement

The summary pretty much explains my problem. I'm on T-mobile. CSR blames my University's internet E-mail account, as I expected. FYI I am using the t-mobile BIS servers or whatever and syncing with an IMAP/SMTP server.

#1: Has anyone seen this problem before? No e-mails come in regularly throughout the day. Then, at 11:15 and 5:15, both AM and PM, I get a burst of e-mails that had come into my university's e-mail between the time that the last burst happened. This has been happening EVERY day since tuesday like clockwork. I've come to expect to read my e-mail at 5:15pm every day. Hah.

#2: Is there any way to get someone knowledgable on the phone at t-mo? It's frustrating to get the "stone wall" as the CSR on the phone tries to tell me that my university must be having some sort of "load issues" or they're "scheduling my e-mail". Except that I can go in with any IMAP client and read my mail just fine.

Thanks for any help folks!

PwDiamond no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249df67d

Re: E-mail issues - e-mails coming in "bursts" at 11:15 and 5:15 both AM and PM

Hi Caryc,

My area of expertise falls much more on the BES side of things, so I unfortunately can't speak as to the bursts through a BIS connection. The messages are obviously queuing somewhere, so hopefully someone with more BIS experience can decipher the bottleneck.

I have become pretty good at getting the right answers from the carriers, though ... You might try starting off your call by telling the CSR that you need a level II data tech, in reference to an ongoing ticket that should be in the system, and that the last rep told you to call and ask for level II support. If they seem hesitant, just start talking gibberish and make very technical sounding references. Use big words. Try reading off every figure and readout under the "status" screen on your device and explaining to them how they all correlate in a very matter of fact tone. The base level CSR at that point usually just wants to get rid of you if you make the problem seem way over their heads LOL. I do it pretty much every time I call, because I usually have a pretty good idea on what the issue is and don't want to have to explain it three times as they pass you along.

Also, ask the rep who ends up helping you to call the "RIM desk" for you and check the stats on what's going through... If anyone could help and at least get you more solid answers it'd be through the RIM desk.

Have you tried asking your IS dept at the University for guidance?