I searched and couldn't find a similar question/answer anywhere. I have a Pearl on the ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

jonnyg75 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Duplicate Messages from BIS

Advertisement

I searched and couldn't find a similar question/answer anywhere.

I have a Pearl on the Voda UK network, I'm using BIS. Its setup for IMAP to my company's Exchange Server.

I frequently receive 2 copies of messages on by BB even though I only received one in outlook and also if I open an old Email in my Inbox (either unread or read before) then it appears as a new message on my BB !!

I've been told the only way to solve this is to move to POP3, but that means I'd lose the Sent Items sync. Any suggestions welcome ?

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9

Re: Duplicate Messages from BIS

Hi jonny and welcome to the stacks. I don't know specifically why you are getting duplicates, but you say you are on BIS but you talk about the company server? I thought IMAP was for AOL anyway. What exactly would you be losing by moving to POP3. Anyhow, if you are on BES (the corporate one) there will be skinny, badly dressed guys with an attitude problem and no interpersonal skills who will sort you out (ONLY JOKING!!!!!)

Thanks giamburrasca, the BIS allows email retrieval via POP3 and IMAP, my company exchange server allows email retrieval using IMAP and POP3 from a public IP address.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

And as he said, It also allows one way reconcilliation with the Server.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

I'm not with you Rcbjr, as who said ?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

jonnyg Said "I've been told the only way to solve this is to move to POP3, but that means I'd lose the Sent Items sync." IMAP allows one way reconcilliation, POP3 does not.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

supersilly no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyg75
    I searched and couldn't find a similar question/answer anywhere.

I have a Pearl on the Voda UK network, I'm using BIS. Its setup for IMAP to my company's Exchange Server.

I frequently receive 2 copies of messages on by BB even though I only received one in outlook and also if I open an old Email in my Inbox (either unread or read before) then it appears as a new message on my BB !!

I've been told the only way to solve this is to move to POP3, but that means I'd lose the Sent Items sync. Any suggestions welcome ?
    I've been having the same problem, and I'm on the T-Mo network US. Its happening on my school email... did you figure out how to fix it?

Question POP all messages ?

The only way to resolve it seems to be to change from IMAP to POP3. I haven't done this yet as I have one question that someone might help with :

If I delete and the IMAP profile from the BIS and add a new one with POP3 configuration will it POP off my entire inbox or just new messages after this point. The problem is I have over 1200 emails inbox (I know..I know) so I think it'll pop the lot. Any way to prevent this other then cleaning up my inbox ?

Lightbulb Re: Duplicate Messages from BIS

I changed to POP3 and the duplicate Message issue is as expected gone away. I also setup the BIS to BCC me on all messages I send automatically and then I setup an Exchange filter to move all messages from myself to my Sent Items folder and also a client-only filter to mark them as read.

BTW I cleaned up my inbox and it didn't pop everything off.

I'm still curious to understand the issue with IMAP, is it a RIM BIS issue or Microsoft issue?

Walter Mitty no está en línea Stack level 1
    did you ever resolve this? I'm having the same issues.