Hi, I'm new...please be gentle. I'm on a BES for Lotus Notes email and also ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

bcrawfo2 no está en línea Stack level 1

Don't get the mail folder layout

Advertisement

Hi, I'm new...please be gentle.
    I'm on a BES for Lotus Notes email and also have yahoo mail.
    I have two message icons, one that shows both (my work and yahoo) and another that shows just my yahoo emails.
    I'd like to keep them separate...or at least have that option, maybe get another icon that shows me just my work emails and leave the "both" one alone (so I could hide it).
    If I "view folders" I can select my work Inbox, but that view goes away when I exit.
    Am I missing something?

Thanks
    Scott

mcashman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae5c7c

Re: Don't get the mail folder layout

Not missing anything. Unfortunately, all messages will go into the messages folder. From there, a copy, or link is put into your yahoo messages folder on the BlackBerry for those emails. No way to really keep them seperate. I've been bugging RIM on this for a year now.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Welcome to pinstack bcrawfo2. Let us know if you have any other questions.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Welcome to the Stacks Scott.

goody71 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello, I'm new here and think bcrawfo2's question is similar to mine. It actually looks like it was answered but I just wanted to clarify:

I got my yahoo email working with my Pearl and have no problems, it's just my emails and sms's(sp?) are all being dumped into the "Messages" folder. Is there any way to set up another folder for sms's since all messages get put in "Messages"? Also, I have filters setup in my yahoo and those messages aren't getting sent to my phone. I assume it's because they don't hit the Inbox in yahoo, they go right to the folder I assigned them to go to. Is there away for those yahoo filter messages to get to my Pearl without having to be put in the yahoo Inbox?

Thanks!

I love my Pearl!
    Last edited by goody71; 04-11-2007 at 06:06 PM.

mcashman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae5c7c

I think you're probably going to be disappointed on both accounts. To my knowledge there is nothing that will allow you to have a seperate folder for SMS messages. You can try holding down the function key + S while in the messages folder. This shows me only my SMS messages only. Press the escape key and it shows all again.

As far as getting filtered Yahoo messages, I believe all messages must go to the inbox to be sync'd to the BlackBerry and am not aware of a way to sync other folders in Yahoo, but maybe someone will come along and prove me wrong.