I just switched to at&t a month ago, kept having trouble with phone so they ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

mikebob no está en línea Stack level 2

does opera work without data plan

Advertisement

I just switched to at&t a month ago, kept having trouble with phone so they sent me a new one. Its a pearl, I have been loading up toys on here like opera. It seems to me opera is working and I dont have a data plan yet. Does this seem correct, I haven't set it up yet just downloaded it and its working. How can that be I have read on here you have to have a data plan for internet on BB. Is this going to rack up some other kind of charges

jd885 no está en línea Stack level 3
    yeah it will probably work but you will be charged for the data you use so be careful because that racks up fast

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Well it depends on your settings for the internet. It seems that there are a few programs that will work for free. I suggest you read through this link for further details.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...onstantly.html

It seems to be working for a lot of people and many have said that they have not been charged data. If you have the program, I suggest you call your provider and confirm you do not have a data plan, that way, they can't turn around and charge you later on.

Hope this helps!

will I have to change the settings after I get my data plan so I wont be getting billed twice

my account shows no data plan yet but does list per usage charges on. I looked in the settings it is set on wap@cingular will that have to be changed when my data is activated

PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Make sure your TCP is not set to internet.com

thanks for the help, I cant wait to get the data working so I can use this phone. Even useing this phone without data I dont know how I ever lived with the razor for so long

PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    I know what you mean. I really believe Blackberries are the best devices out right now and the pinstack community makes it easier to use the phone. There is some amazing advice on this site.
    Welcome to PinStack mikebob!