How do you use docs to go to view your email attachments? I cannot seem ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

dcmom no está en línea Stack level 2

docs to go and viewing attachments

Advertisement

How do you use docs to go to view your email attachments? I cannot seem to open my attachments or view them when I download them to my device at all and have docs to go on me device.

dcmom

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    If you have docs to go installed it will only open word, or excell docs (for that one you will have to update docs to go, so you have sheets to go). Any ways when you open the attachment it should say open or edit with docs to go. click on that and you can save it

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I tried to open it, I get a message saying that I cannot open it with my device, and when I try to download the attachment, it asks if I really want to open a document that I cannot open with my device. I do know I have docs to go because I have the icon and have opened word docs I installed on my media card. I am at a lost here. -dcmom

PIN/ID
    ask me
    If that's the error you are getting it is not a readable format for docs to go. And it will not open it. Are you sure the attachment is a word doc? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~It is word as it is a doc that I emailed myself to test, but is it possible that my personal email browser (through Yahoo) could have reformatted it?
    Dcmom

lentobeans no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30B32231
    I am having a similar issue with my vzw 8830. When I choose to edit with docs to go, it tries to download, then I get a red x and nothing happens. I cannot see the document, or edit the document. I have not tried moving the document to the device then opening it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app with no luck. Also, I get no error message, just a red x. Any ideas???
    Last edited by lentobeans; 10-29-2008 at 10:09 PM. Reason: forgot something :)

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Try doing a battery pull and/or resend your service books. This will sometimes correct this problem.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

PIN/ID
    30B32231
    I tried to do a spreadsheet and had success. The problem seems to be with word documents. I tried to send myself a document that just had the word test in it and I still get the red x. Excel works fine, powerpoint works fine, but word does not. Any other ideas? i appreciate the help. PS- using vzw 8830 with os4.5.0.77 andthe docs to go that came with it - Standard edition.

Do you have your email set up on your handheld or are you viewing it via the browser. I had to have my email set up on my device for the device to recognize my attachments. Before I was viewing them off the web and that did not work. Also, I don't know if this will help or not, but some of my apps didn't install well the first time I upgraded to 4.5. I tried reinstalling through a different vendor and now everything seems to work fine. Reinstalling your os is a long process though.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    30B32231
    I think I will try to remove the word portion of docs to go and then reinstall it, and see if that fixes it. Last time I tried, DM wanted to remove all parts of Docs to go, and I could not get sheets back without downloading again from dataviz. I am using the email utility on the BB, not using the web or an app such as gmail.

PIN/ID
    30B32231
    Anyone know a good place to get the OS 4.5.077 from?

tythoward no está en línea Stack level 1
    I downloaded the 4.5 to my curve, but I still don't see it anywhere on my phone. When I go to the blackberry homepage and click doc to go and then do the test it says my phone comes with. Can someone help me figure out how to find it on my device? I even looked through the applications under options. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Anyone know a good place to get the OS 4.5.077 from?

Not sure as I have a curve 8310, so downloaded OS 4.5081 for it. However, if you look in the forums under your device, you may be able to find a thread to it. I would also look in the Crackberry forums.

I downloaded the 4.5 to my curve, but I still don't see it anywhere on my phone. When I go to the blackberry homepage and click doc to go and then do the test it says my phone comes with. Can someone help me figure out how to find it on my device? I even looked through the applications under options.

When you upgrade, you have to manually select DTG. I didn't get the program the first time I upgraded either. I had to downgrade back, then upgrade again to 4.5. The second time I upgraded, instead of allowing the desktop manager to automatically install the OS, I did a custom install and then selected DTG. If you want Blackberry Maps, you will also have to select it at the time of upgrade to allow it to install onto your device.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    I learned this little trick here on pinstack. I cannot find the thread I found it on right now. Or I would name the person to give the credit to. But I did save the instructions in my memo pad. If I find the thread I will post the link back to it. But anyways you need to delete the docs to go .alx file. You can find it by going

To find the file DocumentsToGo.alx, from your desktop go:Program files > Common Files > Research In Motion > Shared > Loader Files >8330

That should keep it from deleting your sheets to go.

Quote Originally Posted by lentobeans View Post
    I think I will try to remove the word portion of docs to go and then reinstall it, and see if that fixes it. Last time I tried, DM wanted to remove all parts of Docs to go, and I could not get sheets back without downloading again from dataviz. I am using the email utility on the BB, not using the web or an app such as gmail.

PIN/ID
    30B32231
    2 uninstall/reinstalls later, all of docs to go works on mt berry. Thanks gang!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~