I received my Pearl and will be putting my 7130c up on Ebay this weekend. ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3

Do I need to request release of PIN and IMEI?

Advertisement

I received my Pearl and will be putting my 7130c up on Ebay this weekend.

Now before I sell it, do I need to call Cingular to release the PIN and IMEI number, even though it's locked and will probably be used on Cingular by the next user?

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

Re: Do I need to request release of PIN and IMEI?

I've never heard of a carrier releasing a PIN and IMEI, they have nothing to do with your BB being locked or unlocked. They go with the phone so to speak. I would suggest though that you UNLOCK your BB for the next person as it will be easier to sell.
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

The only thing you need to do is have it removed from either BIS or BES, whichever you may be on. If you dont the next person wont be able to activate email on it.

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Jade is right. You will have better luck selling it if you unlock it.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The only reason you'd need to release your pin, is if your BB has a BES policy on it, and I'll third the notion of unlocking it before selling it...

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

If you started a "new" BIS account, and only deleted your email addresses from the current BIS account, then YES!!! You need to release the PIN. However, when you get your Pearl, and logon to your BIS account, and change handheld device to the new PIN, this will release your 7130 PIN.

And don't forget to WIPE the device. For your own safety!! If you don't wipe, then there may be the possibility of the next owner obtaining your personal information off of the 7130.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis

If you started a "new" BIS account, and only deleted your email addresses from the current BIS account, then YES!!! You need to release the PIN. However, when you get your Pearl, and logon to your BIS account, and change handheld device to the new PIN, this will release your 7130 PIN.

And don't forget to WIPE the device. For your own safety!! If you don't wipe, then there may be the possibility of the next owner obtaining your personal information off of the 7130.
    My problem is I switched to T-mobile from Cingular. Does that matter? When I cancel my Cingular account, does that automatically delete my BB account associated with the 7130c?

And yes, I will wipe the info.

I only want $150 for it (2 months old, very good condition), so I didn't think it would be worth it to unlock. What's the process to go about unlocking it? If there is a significant gain, I may do it.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

In that case, I would strongly urge you to first speak with a BlackBerry tech/rep and have that person delete your BIS account, releasing your PIN, then talk to a service rep to cancel your Cingular account.

I don't think there is a way to close a BIS account manually from within the BIS itself.

If you don't have the BIS closed, and therefore the PIN released, the next owner will not be able to register the PIN with a new BIS account.

Ok, this is what happened...

I had trouble integrating my Hotmail, so called T-mobile and after a couple different tech levels, they forwarded me to a blackberry rep. He confirmed that t-mobile does not support hotmail at this time.

But I also asked him about whether i need to release the PIN if I sell my old blackberry. He said yes, asked for the PIN, and went ahead and reset it to a 000 or whatever number, so the PIN is released.

HOK
    HOK no está en línea Stack level 1

How can I release my PIN or Re-register my phone?