Why is there a delete from handheld & mailbox feature if when you choose it, ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

FUTURESTARS no está en línea Stack level 2

Delete from Handheald & Mailbox......

Advertisement

Why is there a delete from handheld & mailbox feature if when you choose it, you still get the emails on your regular inbox @ the computer?

I'm not sure I understand the feature because it seems to serve no purpose for me!

I still get the same exact emails I've checked on my BB on my computer when I get home, so I have to sit there and delete 100 emails every day I've already gotten, responded to, etc!

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Re: Delete from Handheald & Mailbox......

This is a feature of the BES only to my knowledge, even though it still shows up if youre on BIS. If you click reconcile now in the message options within your message box, this may clear it up, but I dont think so.
    I'll have to give it a whirl later with one of my non-company emails.
    Welcome to Pinstack!
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

Hi and Welcome,

Todd is correct, when you are on a BES, it does indeed reconcile on both, (although there can be a small time delay on deletions)

My BIS accound sends mail to my BB but does not delete from both.

wow
    wow no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi, it does work on BIS also. With my gmail account I just click delete on handheld & mailbox and then click reconcile now on my handheld and it works every time. I'm using the 8100 and webclient.

BCoop8184 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32B12DA7

The delete on handheld and mailbox icon never works for me either. I am on BIS with gmail. I was sorta wondering about this myself. If anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

If your Email Server supports IMAP protocols and, and you set up BIS as an IMAP Poll, then Deleted files on the BB will be deleted from the Server. This may are may not propogate to your PC. I don't know how IMAP works with Outlook.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

chizm no está en línea Stack level 2

It works perfect for me using both Gmail and Outlook Web Access for work through BIS.

I'll delete it using the delete from handheld & mailbox option and in a few minutes it'll be gone from my Inbox and into Deleted Items as well.

dbytes no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E623CB

Opposite problem

Hi all,

I'm a new BB user and just started using the Pearl. I switched from a Treo and have been a Palm fan for quite a long time. I'm in IT and need to support the Blackberry line so I finally made the switch.

I've searched the internet and this forum to no avail; if I missed the answer please excuse the duplicate question.

I am on a BES and have a BIS account set up also. I can delete messages on the handheld and the message delete on the desktop. If I delete on the desktop, the message stays on the handheld for both the BES and the BIS. Am I missing something? Any pointers you more experienced users can provide?

Thanks,

Jerry

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    dbytes, Welcome to PinStack.

Are you doing a permanent delete (Shift Delete)on your Desktop, or clearing you Recycle/Deleted folder before the Desktop and BB Reconcile? If so that is the problem with the BES account. The BES can only recognize that a message is deleted when it has been moved to the Recycle/Deleted folder.

As to BIS, it depends on what type of connection you set up (POP or IMAP) and with what account.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    23E623CB
    Ok disregard the BES. It's now working. I went and did a few tests again. The BIS account though is the same.

I usually do a Shift+Delete and did read that could be a problem on the BES side. As far as the BIS, I'm using IMAP and Outlook for my PC client and deleted mail to the Deleted Items folder. 24+ hrs later the mail is still on the handheld. Reconcile Now will not remove the messages from the handheld either.

I have OWA, POP3, and IMAP running on my own Exchange Server 2003 Standard. I use OWA while at work, POP3 is for a friend, and IMAP is for my Treo (and now BB). My OWA and IMAP connections use SSL. I've not tried using the BIS to connect to OWA. I don't see where this would make a difference. Nor would it make a difference using SSL on IMAP. Sending/Receiving and deleting on the handheld is working fine.

Any thoughts?

Jerry

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    As long as my Outlook has not grabbed it from my server, the delete on mailbox works on BIS. Accidently deleted a very important email that way. I guess that is what I get for drinking while BBing. I have Cox, maybe it is something in the way the service provider accepts remote commands

whsbuss no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by dbytes
    Ok disregard the BES. It's now working. I went and did a few tests again. The BIS account though is the same.

I usually do a Shift+Delete and did read that could be a problem on the BES side. As far as the BIS, I'm using IMAP and Outlook for my PC client and deleted mail to the Deleted Items folder. 24+ hrs later the mail is still on the handheld. Reconcile Now will not remove the messages from the handheld either.

I have OWA, POP3, and IMAP running on my own Exchange Server 2003 Standard. I use OWA while at work, POP3 is for a friend, and IMAP is for my Treo (and now BB). My OWA and IMAP connections use SSL. I've not tried using the BIS to connect to OWA. I don't see where this would make a difference. Nor would it make a difference using SSL on IMAP. Sending/Receiving and deleting on the handheld is working fine.

Any thoughts?

Jerry
    Reconcilation is a one-way operation on the BIS. Messages deleted on mailbox & handheld only works from the BB to the IMAP/POP account. With IMAP if you have a "Deleted" or "Trash" folder on the mail server, deleted messages from the BB will move it to that folder. Messages deleted on the email server will not delete them on the BB.

PIN/ID
    23E623CB
    Quote Originally Posted by whsbuss
    Reconcilation is a one-way operation on the BIS. Messages deleted on mailbox & handheld only works from the BB to the IMAP/POP account. With IMAP if you have a "Deleted" or "Trash" folder on the mail server, deleted messages from the BB will move it to that folder. Messages deleted on the email server will not delete them on the BB.
    That's an awful design. I'm really starting to miss my Treo.