Sorry to take up bandwidth with a simple question like this but I can't seem ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

rjr1049 no está en línea Stack level 1

Delete Email Popup

Advertisement

Sorry to take up bandwidth with a simple question like this but I can't seem to solve it. I use OS 5.0 607 on a Storm 2 and I have a BIS account setup. Each time I delete an email I get a popup asking me to choose where to delete it. In the Email General options, I set the Confirm on Delete Setting to No. Under Email Reconciliation I set Delete On to Handheld. What I want is that when I delete a message, it does so only on the Handheld without a popup each time. What else do I need to set? Thanks in advance for the help.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Open a messages folder, press the BB menu button and select Options>General Options. Locate Confirm Delete and set to No.

I did as you suggest - doesn't work.

Do you have more than one e-mail account coming to the device? If so, your settings have to be the same for each e-mail address. Sounds like one of the settings is still set to "prompt" where you want to delete it. If not, make sure you have saved the settings and then do a battery pull.

I have the following folders: Messages, Gmail, and a vzw.blackberry.net folder. All have Options>General>Confirm on Delete set to No. All other Actions settings are the same.

Sounds like you have everything set correctly. Have you tried a battery pull?

siver no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm having the same difficulties, but on a BB 8900. I've checked, rechecked all settings, done a battery pull and same thing. Pop up asking for confirmation. Another little quirk I guess...

I used Quicklaunch to do a reboot. Thought it would work but it did not. Really annoying that such a simple thing is a fuss to fix.

Quickpull is a great app, but a battery pull is more effective.

Did a battery pull but no effect. Now I notice that emails to my BB email account can be deleted without the popup but emails in the Messages and Gmail account cannot. As I said all are set up the same. The BB OS is supposed to be a mature platform and we can't do something simple like this????

Is the OS you are using an official, beta or hybrid?

It is the Verizon-released 607 so it is official.

Well, sometimes it takes a few battery pulls to set things straight, but yes, this is something that should not be an issue. Should work straight across the board.