I have three email accounts set up on my Pearl 8130. They all work properly ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

capp81 no está en línea Stack level 2

Default Email Address

Advertisement

I have three email accounts set up on my Pearl 8130. They all work properly sending and receiving emails. My problem is trying to set a new default email address for sending, receiving and replying to emails. Most of my friends are using gmail. I have the gmail account set up correctly but can't set the berry to default to this email address. I have the "email settings" "Message services" set to the gmail account but it continues to use the yahoo email. Please help. Thanks.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    SOme times after making a change like that pull the battery to reset the device. this may fix it.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

jrusch no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31ADDE19
    Go to: Options, Advanced Options, Default Services, Messaging: gmail

thecoolfool no está en línea Stack level 3

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by capp81 View Post
    I have three email accounts set up on my Pearl 8130. They all work properly sending and receiving emails. My problem is trying to set a new default email address for sending, receiving and replying to emails. Most of my friends are using gmail. I have the gmail account set up correctly but can't set the berry to default to this email address. I have the "email settings" "Message services" set to the gmail account but it continues to use the yahoo email. Please help. Thanks.
    If u already changed it in your email settings then I would suggest a battery pull and sending service books from email settings.
    Holler at me if you need some fresh ringtones.

So I sent myself an email and it sent it from the gamil account...cool. When I reply to the email it defaults to the yahoo account not the gmail. Any suggestions?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Highlight the email address and click on the menu button. Choose Send Using and select the email you want to use.

From what I can tell...no matter what I have set as the default email address the BB will use the last email address that was used for that particular reciepient unless I manually change it.