Is there a way to temporarily deactivate the email feature on my bb? When i'm ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

Spooner74 no está en línea Stack level 1

deactivating email

Advertisement

Is there a way to temporarily deactivate the email feature on my bb? When i'm working at my desk, I dont need my bb to be going off whenever i get an email sent to me. Thanks.

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Re: deactivating email

Change your current profile to "phone only." if you'd like, you can always edit that (or any other) profile to alert you of certian types of messages (sms, level 1, etc.) if you'd prefer.
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

diesel1218 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32CAA233

going off meaning the sound or you dont want to recieve them to your blackberry?
    Blackberry 8830 WORLD EDITION

Blackberry PIN - 32CAA233

MySpace http://www.myspace.com/andrews9

thats what i meant. i can get frustrating when you are exchanging 20 emails an hour with people and then have to go back and clear them from your bb. thanks.

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mistadobolin
    Change your current profile to "phone only." if you'd like, you can always edit that (or any other) profile to alert you of certian types of messages (sms, level 1, etc.) if you'd prefer.
    thanks.

PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Here to help! (and to be helped )
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Quote Originally Posted by Spooner74
    thats what i meant. i can get frustrating when you are exchanging 20 emails an hour with people and then have to go back and clear them from your bb. thanks.
    My solution will not totally help you with this problem. The email will still be sent to your BB, but it wont "go off" when you get them.

I can't think of a way to temporarily cancel your push service that would be worth your while.

You can always hold the shift key to highlight a group of emails and delete them all at once <--- I think that this combined with your use of profiles will be your swiftest, and easiest solution.

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

There's an option but its not available on all OS but you might as well check to see if you have it.
    Go to Options(settings)-Network-Open menu and see if you have the option of turning off data services. I had this option on an 8700g on Cingular but with Bharti OS, but on my 8703e is not available, I believe it is OS dependent.
    Let us know
    Last edited by likefre; 02-27-2007 at 10:22 PM.

PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

I've never seen that; but that's good to know. Thanks

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

No problem, if I remember correctly it was the Bharti os, I tested it a couple of times, as soon as I chossed the option, the (EDGE) turned to (edge)
    Last edited by likefre; 02-28-2007 at 06:06 PM.

mbkintner no está en línea Stack level 1

If you're using the desktop mnager software I believe there's a setting to disable receiving messages when your BB is connected to your PC. I can't remember off hand where the setting is or what its name is but I can check tomorrow at work.