Hi All, I'm having a bit of a problem, did a search and couldn't find ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

mmacivor no está en línea Stack level 1

Data Services will temporarily Work

Advertisement

Hi All,

I'm having a bit of a problem, did a search and couldn't find anything. Basically I have an 8830 activated on the BES. My data will activatie fine, I receive emails, can get to the internet etc etc for several days, then for no reason (that I can find) I will not be able to connect to any data services and the only thing that will remedy the situation is to do a complete wipe and restore. I've spoken to my telco and nothing is wrong on that end, I've had my BES profile recreated which hasn't worked either.

Do I have a defective device?

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Re: Data Services will temporarily Work

It could be multiple issues. First off when you run into this issue do you have the 1XEV symbol in lower case 1xev or in caps? Also when you run into this issue did you even do a hard reboot before wiping handheld? Is your 8830 with Sprint or Verizon? Please answer these questions so I know where to go from here.

Quote Originally Posted by BES Noob View Post
    It could be multiple issues. First off when you run into this issue do you have the 1XEV symbol in lower case 1xev or in caps? Also when you run into this issue did you even do a hard reboot before wiping handheld? Is your 8830 with Sprint or Verizon? Please answer these questions so I know where to go from here.
    Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, I have the 1XEV in uppercase
    Yes, I complete a hard reboot before wiping, including taking out the Telus SIM card
    I am with Telus in Canada.

A colleague suggested deleting desktop (cmime) in the host routing table and resyncing with the desktop manager if it happened again, does that hold any merit? Also, even if it does the desired fix would not have to keep syncing it up to the computer.

Thanks again for the quick reply.

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask

The only time I delete the CMIME from the host routing table if I am having issues with the address book missing contact information such as fax numbers. So what I do is delete the CMIME, do a hard reboot and resend the service book and that usually resolves the issue. With your phone it is obviously not the issue but I am researching it right now to see if anyone has tried deleting the CMIME for an issue such as yours. Do you know if your 8830 is a model that needs to be manually provisioned or is automatic like how the Verizon phones are set up but you just need to dial a number and it automatically provisions?

The phone is manually provisioned for voice and data by our corporate supplier, then they ship it to us. After which we hook it up to Desktop Manager, where it pulls down the BES profile. I spoke to our supplier to see if they had any insight into the issue and they said that they've seen it before and the handset usually needs to get replaced.