I have a Pearl 8100, on the TMobile network, with a BIS unlimited $19.95/month plan, ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

cl_
    cl_ no está en línea Stack level 1

Data does not work with some apps ?? Pls Help

Advertisement

I have a Pearl 8100, on the TMobile network, with a BIS unlimited $19.95/month plan, and a voice plan. I have a problem that recently started, and the TMo RIM help was no help at all.

I have three POP3 email accounts that receive and send email just fine. I can go to the Globe looking thing labeled "Browser" and go to most (but not all) websites that I have bookmarked. However, if I go to the "Set up Internet Email" icon, it just hangs on a T Mobile screen and then I get a message that says "Unable to connect to the WAP Gateway at the following address: APN: wap.voicestream.com IP......Port.... You may not currently be in an area covered by wireless data service or you may be in an area that does not allow access to the above gateway. If you are configured for more than one Browser gateway, try selecting another Browser configuration. If you are still experiencing problems, contact your service provider."

Also, if I go to T-Zones, where I used to be able to check my invoice and minutes usage, I get the same thing - Tmobile screen, hanging and then a message that says "Unable to connect to the Internet."

I called TMobile and all she was interested in doing was remotely setting up the email account I wanted to add and telling me to hit #min# to check my minutes and logon via a computer to check my invoice. This really does not solve the problem. I would prefer to get my connection fixed. Can someone please tell me how to fix this? Thanks in advance for any help.

volscian no está en línea Stack level 5
    Have you tried to set up your apn? I had a similar problem, and some apps wouldn't connect without it as well. Might fix the issue, I know my internet runs a bit smother ever since I set mine up. Go into options, then advanced options, then tcp. In apn type wap.voicestream.com and leave the user name and password blank. Try that and let me know what happens.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cl_
    cl_ no está en línea Stack level 1
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! That totally worked!! When I went to Advanced Options/TCP, apn said wap.voicestream.com but then there were some symbols and letters after that. I deleted those symbols & letters and everything is now working great. Thank you so much!!

volscian no está en línea Stack level 5
    Not a problem. Hit me up if have any other problems, i'm always lurking somewhere.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~