Hi all, A number of users have complained about the internet connections on our Blackberry ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

skoink no está en línea Stack level 1

Data connection cuts out a lot

Advertisement

Hi all,

A number of users have complained about the internet connections on our Blackberry Pearls 'cutting out', which requires a battery pull or a wireless network reset to fix. We should not be seeing such poor performance on a business service which we pay money for.

I just made a thread about this on the 'official' Blackberry support forums (supportforums.blackberry.com), and I'm also starting a case with Sprint's Blackberry support center. I've found them to actually pretty helpful most of the time.

Here is a link to the thread I've created:
    http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...&thread.id=567

To all other users having this problem, please respond here and also in the official forums, and try to get in touch with your service provider's Blackberry support line (it's usually an American-run high-tier department). If a few of us push this issue, we might be able to get to the bottom of it. We pay for data service and we are entitled to it. This is not complaining over some feature or another, this is service that we pay money for and are entitled to have. If we push this issue, we might be able to affect a patch.

I urge anybody else who is having this problem to post their experience on the official Blackberry forums, and also to open a ticket with their service provider's Blackberry center.
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 05-31-2008 at 04:10 AM. Reason: format edit

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    This is the first I've heard of it. However I'm not on Sprint, perhaps it's their issue.

I have 2 Pearls, one on T-Mobile & one on AT&T, both have worked flawlessly for the last year.

(wap.pinstack.com)~

rkjunior no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have been seeing this a lot on my Pearl (and saw it on my 8830). I asked my RIM rep about it and that's the reason why the Curve was pushed back a few weeks. There is an update being worked on for the Pearl/8830.

Basically, while you're in the Browser it will all of a sudden tell you there is no data connection. If you go back to the "home" screen - I've noticed you will have full bars but the 1XEV is gone entirely. No 1X, nothing. RIM is aware of the issue and they are working on the software patch for the upcoming release.

Paian no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yes. It the same for me as well. I'm on Telus.

My Pearl2 will also have data cuts off once I do lots of surfing. Especially on my Opera Mini

I talk to couple of my friend. And they said it could be the unit are lemon

I m all confuse lol

rkjunior no está en línea Stack level 2
    it's a software issue -- rim has a patch coming out for it soon
    I work for one of the "big three"

kingbapho no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3024BC9C
    I am on Telus as well , only thing I hate is taking out my battery . My 1xEV connection is the only one that craps out I can make calls and I used to work at rim and I know the hardware and software on the phone are ok its mainly on the providers in Canada where the cell towers suck ! I listen to a lot of streamed media on my pearl and to find out what really happens , hold alt then press L G L G and it should open your software event logger on your blackberry

Hope my info helps.it will when you talk to rim

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~