I have a custom domain by aol configured with my t mobile 8320 bis account. ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

dfa
    dfa no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Custom Domain

Advertisement

I have a custom domain by aol configured with my t mobile 8320 bis account. However, it is very slow. I configured it using pop and imap servers. The delay is 20 minutes in between emails. Is there any alternative solutions for this?

diabloboi87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31cdb8ca

Re: Custom Domain

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~aside from hosting the domain on your own server or with a hosted solution and running a bes not really.

snybole no está en línea Stack level 2

What I've been told since I had the same inquery was that BIS checks your mailserver every 20 minutes, if it finds a mail it'll send it to you and then check after 2 minutes again. Then if nothing is found it goes back to checking every 15-20 minutes.

And I've also been told that there is no way to speed this up, the only way would be to run BES wich requires a "personal" mailserver, meaning that you'll have to have the server running your mails installed with the BES application (?).

Hope this helps abit, if not I'm sure the smartguys will show up in this thread pretty soon and give you a more detailed answer :-)

dfa

I know that Gmail and Yahoo are pretty quick. I thought that AOL would be the same. I guess not.

snybole no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yeah it's strange but with gmail I get instant delivery. Guess google and rim are working together?

Anyway it's not really a biggie in my opinion about the delay. I mean 15 minutes isn't really that much. But ofcours there are times when emails are important but hey, you can't have everything

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

snybole is correct. BIS polls the email accounts aprx. every 15 minutes. Gmail and Yahoo are the exceptions (they seem to have an agreement or something worked out with RIM since 1) you do not need the yahoo paid service to get your email, and 2) you do not need to enable POP access for gmail anymore since BIS 2.4).
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

dfa

Thanks Guys! I slowing starting using my Gmail account more. Since it's aol domain, I don't think I can transfer it to Gmail. However, I'm surprise they don't have an agreement with aol.