Hi all. I'm very new to Blackberrys (just got one yesterday) so please go easy ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

liquidsense no está en línea Stack level 2

Corporate email + Gmail; issues

Advertisement

Hi all. I'm very new to Blackberrys (just got one yesterday) so please go easy on me! (jk, I've been lurking for some time, and I know this is a very friendly forum).

So, I purchased an ATT Curve with a talking plan and an Enterprise Data plan. Before activating any personal email accounts of my own, I handed my phone over to my firm's MIS, and they set up my corporate email account for me. I noted that I had to open the "Messages" folder to access all of the corporate emails.

I then activated my own personal Gmail email account by using "Personal Email Set Up." It worked fine and was very simple.

I later realized that every email that got sent to my Gmail account would also populate in my "Messages" folder, where all my corporate emails were being sent. I talked to MIS, asking if they could somehow segregate my corporate email setup outside of the "Messages" folder. They tried, but ended up telling me to just delete the Gmail account and download the Gmail Application from Google.

I did that, and though it looked very very pretty, I realized that it wasn't pushing emails!! I did some research, and concluded that Gmail App does not push (am I correct?). Now I'm back to square one. Can someone give me some advice? Will I be stuck with the current setup?

So, ultimately, I just don't want to have to look at ALL my emails (corporate + email) everytime I have to check my corporate email (since I have to go to "Messages" folder to view them).

Thanks so much.

Last edited by liquidsense; 10-04-2007 at 10:39 PM.

fletchdaddy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c42031

Re: Corporate email + Gmail; issues

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ the themes for the VZW 8830 allow you to seperate your individual email accts goto messages options> general options> sms and email boxes(last option) choose seperate.

I had the gmail prog on my phone for a short period, but I do remember it was able to push. I can't remember the settings though... Sorry.

I'm not sure why some of the posts on this thread were deleted. I hope its not against etiquette for me to post a pseudo-answer to my own question.

Anyway, after doing a lot more research on this forum and many others, I believe the answer is that Enterprise accounts will not have its own folder. And, there are no work arounds to the issue. Therefore, if you have mutliple email accounts, one of which is a BES/Enterprise account, you will have to read it through your messages folder only.

Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Apparently, there someone wrote an application to fix just this problem. It's called Empower BES. Thus far, the trial version has done exactly what I was hoping for.

Here is the thread:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...your_work.html