Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

JB your too much . . . mine has only got to 132's @ it ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Advertisement

JB your too much . . . mine has only got to 132's @ it worst. .
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I used to delete the cookies but I got tired of having to key in all the passwords again ... so I quit. Maybe I should bite the bullet and do it, but not today.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I used to delete the cookies but I got tired of having to key in all the passwords again ... so I quit. Maybe I should bite the bullet and do it, but not today.
    Don't toss your cookies
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

Diffused no está en línea Stack level 3
    So how many do you have now?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Quote Originally Posted by Diffused View Post
    So how many do you have now?
    Actually, I'm down one, to 236. Maybe because I deleted an ap - I don't know. I seem to have "leveled off" at the mid-230's. :

I don't pay much attention to it anymore - I think the last time I looked was when I posted the pic in this thread.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

All,

Diffused's husband here. Thought I would weight in with a comment about cookies. Enjoyable conversation so far. ;-)

Cookies generally don't consume more than a few bytes and at most less than a KB. So it doesn't really make sense to delete these unless you have several hundred. Let's see, on my 8830 I have 203, which probably accounts for no more than 10 kb total. By contrast, deleting the history, cleaned more than 1500 kb.

There is one more reason to lose your cookies. They leave a trail of bread crumbs (cookie crumbs) on your browsing habits. So unless you visit websites your mother would disapprove of, you can just leave things be as they are.

As for disappearing cookies, all cookies have an expiration. It's up to the type of cookie how long it will last. It could be anything from a few hours to several months. Also the automatic memory cleanup done by the blackberry OS could sweep these out. So, to wrap up, stale cookies are candidates for automatic cleanup or they might just be past their expiration date.
    Last edited by Diffused; 04-18-2009 at 11:43 AM.

Thanks for the info - that helps understand the issue of cookies. Now, since you know about cookies, is there a way to go through them, check the purpose or expiration date, etc. and delete the one that are not wanted any more without deleting the ones with password info or stuff you want to keep?

Sorry, I haven't figured out how to look at cookie contents (ingredients?) on a BB yet. I can do this on a desktop or laptop computer and these things are just small text files.

Quote Originally Posted by Diffused View Post
    Sorry, I haven't figured out how to look at cookie contents (ingredients?) on a BB yet. I can do this on a desktop or laptop computer and these things are just small text files.
    I knew you could on the p-c - If I figure it out I'll post back. Thanks again for the info.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123