My friend is having problems setting up her live.com email. It keeps saying unable to ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

TNgal22 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Configuring Email...@live.com

Advertisement

My friend is having problems setting up her live.com email. It keeps saying unable to configure. Any suggestions? She finally got the blackberry email to set up. She has had the phone for a month or so and gave up trying but really wants her email set up now because she is going out of town in a week. Thanks in advance.
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Quote Originally Posted by TNgal22 View Post
    My friend is having problems setting up her live.com email. It keeps saying unable to configure. Any suggestions? She finally got the blackberry email to set up. She has had the phone for a month or so and gave up trying but really wants her email set up now because she is going out of town in a week. Thanks in advance.

Hi TN, unfortunaly Unless it is a Paid MSN account they do not alow POP3 or IMAP access to the accounts. Yahoo will work only due to RIM having a partnership with them Gmail will work but you have to turn on the access. 3 or 4 years ago MSN cut off the POP3 access SOME accounts created before that still have it grandfathered in. So MSN can be very hit or miss on blackberrys. Mostly miss.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

TNgal22 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Aww thanks! I will pass that info on to her!
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee