It's not clear to me how secure my username@rogers.blackberry.net e-mail is. I've read a number ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

kevinsky18 no está en línea Stack level 1

Clarification on BIS e-mail

Advertisement

It's not clear to me how secure my username@rogers.blackberry.net e-mail is.

I've read a number of posts that say the e-mail is secure from the device to the BIS server. But what happens once it gets to the server?

Does rogers save a copy of the e-mail anywhere?

Can rogers read the e-mail while it's on the server if they wish?

If someone has my e-mail address and password can they access my e-mails in any way other than reading them on my blackberry? i.e. logging on to a rogers website and retiving them from a webmail type account.

Can rogers be forced through a court order to give up my e-mails?

Now if that e-mail goes from my BB device user1@rogers.blackberry.net to rogers BIS server and then from Rogers BIS to another BIS e-mail user2@rogers.blackberry.net is the e-mail secure for the entire trip to the recieving Blackberry or is there any where along the path that the e-mail is no longer encrypted?

Is BIS encryption strength as strong as BES for e-mails? I dont care about any other type of web surfing or other forms of e-mail security ie hot mail accounts etc. Just the BIS sepcific e-mails.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    All excellent questions, Kevin!

I can really only answer one of your questions. There is no access to your BlackBerry e-mail other than through your device. There is no web client where other people could log in to read e-mails you receive to that account.

As to your other questions, perhaps there is an associate on the Stacks that can answer them or shed some light on how that all works. These are things I hadn't given much thought to until you brought them up here.

Frankly, I'm not too concerned about the security, but I think it would give is all some "warm fuzzies" to hear from the "horses mouth" as it were, that our e-mails are indeed secure.

kevinsky18 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for the reply. I look forward to hearing from others on this issue.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ as far as I know they are all encrypted and not even RIM has access to those files. Of which is a big issue with the Indian Government because they wish to have this same access to which you are inquiring about.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ as far as I know they are all encrypted and not even RIM has access to those files. Of which is a big issue with the Indian Government because they wish to have this same access to which you are inquiring about.
    I knew one of our AT&T and/or RIM reps would chime in on this!

Thanks RSC!

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Anytime Rogro~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~