I'm just wondering if anybody else has noticed a lag time with Cingular's BIS. For ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Cingular BIS lagging

Advertisement

I'm just wondering if anybody else has noticed a lag time with Cingular's BIS. For the past couple of days, I've noticed that when I send a PIN message it will immediately indicate that it has been sent, but sometimes it takes over an hour before the message is marked as "delivered".The recipient is also on Cingular's BIS. They're BB is on, so that's not the problem. They're not in an area where the BIS doesn't work. I can't figure it out. Of course, we've tried the batt pull, but no change.Am I wrong in thinking that PIN messages are supposed to be instantly delivered?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Cingular BIS lagging

no, you aren't wrong at all...

i've had this happen before when one or both of the bb's seem to be 'offline'
    ex. not PIN, but bbm...send message to my husband and it shows delivered. yet...no response. i call him, its not there...he pulls battery and bam...the messages poor in. i don't have a reason 'why' yet...sorry. but...if this is happening to you ALL the time, i'd wonder

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

i had a serious lag on Sunday (mothers day) and was kind of slow on Monday too. But the last couple of days here (Los Angeles) it has been back up to par. Try re sending service books.... Can't hurt to try that angle..... If that doesnt work i would talk to Cingy.
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

OK, so I've done multiple batt pulls, and resent the service books. Nothing has changed. In fact, when I attempted to resend the service books, it took foooorrrrreeeeevvvveeeerrrr! As soon as I clicked to send them, the Cingy BIS site immediately indicated that they were "sent successfully". But it took nearly 30 minutes before I started getting the e-mails from the activation server. Actually I just got another one about ten minutes ago. That would make it around 4 hours or so. It's sounding like something is wrong with this particular device. See, I have three of them, and the other two aren't having this problem. As a matter of fact, I resent the service books for this one and my wife's at the same time (within seconds of each other). She started receiving the activation server e-mails instantly. All of them have the same OS, and the same 3rd party apps. I guess I'll have to wait until Tuesday and talk to someone at Cingular. (Oh boy) They've never been very helpful with anything regarding these devices. Anybody else have any suggestions? Rcbjr? You there?

itsrichduh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    25476af4

its happening on t-mobile uk too with me
    so i think its probably something on RIM's end
    Aim: Richsidekickinit
    PIN: 250DE7B9
    YIM: itsrichduh