HI All, I recently received a replacement Blackberry Pearl. I already setup Redirector to forward ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

mikewong27 no está en línea Stack level 1

Change PIN in Redirector???

Advertisement

HI All,

I recently received a replacement Blackberry Pearl. I already setup Redirector to forward my work email to my Pearl. But the PIN in Redirector is still pointing to my old device. Is there a way to change the PIN to point to my new device without physically connect it to my computer at work? I'm working remotely and would like to fix this remotely. Let me know if this is possible? Thanks guys...

Mike

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Change PIN in Redirector???

i'm unaware if you can do this remotely, but if you look at the similar threads above you may get some better info. i read you have to connect via usb the 1st time.

Thanks for your reply. I was hoping there is a way to modify in win registry or modify the reconnector config files so I can change the device PIN #.

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

I asked a friend of mine who is on BES also, maybe he'll get on here and help you if no one else does.

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

Hi Mike, I am confused, is this your BES email that needs to be changed? If so then you can update the BES to your new PIN by doing an enterprise activation. Once your BES admin resets the activation password for you you go to tools --> Advanced options --> Enterprise activation. Enter your email and passsword and let it activate.

If this is not what you are looking for please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by ffmike
    Hi Mike, I am confused, is this your BES email that needs to be changed? If so then you can update the BES to your new PIN by doing an enterprise activation. Once your BES admin resets the activation password for you you go to tools --> Advanced options --> Enterprise activation. Enter your email and passsword and let it activate.

If this is not what you are looking for please let me know.
    I'm actually using BIS. I'm using redirector and connector to forward my email to my pearl.

Mike

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

ok, gotcha. Sorry but I am not overly familiar with BIS but I will see if I can get you some help.

andrewthomas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2521F913

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~do you use outlook? I can do what you are asking by enabling rpc in outlook, which is what I use when out on the road, as I understand it the redirector must be able to actively communicate with your email server to change PIN. My question though is do you need to redirect if your bis is polling your account? Also if you are working remotely the redirector would not be able to redirect as it is severed from your server, sorry if not clear, as there are a lot off ifs and buts, could you post your mail client, mail server type ex/lotus etc and I may be able to give a clearer answer

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Quote Originally Posted by mikewong27
    I'm actually using BIS. I'm using redirector and connector to forward my email to my pearl.

Mike
    Mike do you have the ability to get onto your desktop at the office using remote desktop? or VPN into your system? you have to be on your desktop to make the change, or install the DM and redirector on your home pc or laptop.

I work remotely at times too, and I have the redirector running on my office PC and I also have it installed on my laptop, that way if for some reason my work pc gets rebooted I can get the redirector online on my laptop logged into my office VPN. hope this helps
    Michael