Hey all - I have had my (Nextel)BB since Nov and never had any trouble ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

Analogkid no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    400da71b

Can't send to Bellsouth accounts

Advertisement

Hey all -

I have had my (Nextel)BB since Nov and never had any trouble until the last week or so. If I send mail either from the BB or from the BB website to a Bellsouth email account then it either never gets there or it gets delayed by several hours.

I have turned off spam filtering and BS claims they are not blocking email and they insist it's a BB problem. I had absolutely no problem until a week ago and have changed nothing on my BB or the BB email account.

I can send to a non-Bellsouth account from my BB and it shows up immediately, just like it should.

Anyone have any ideas?

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: Can't send to Bellsouth accounts

Maybe a problem with Bellsouth? Have you tried contacting the Data support for them? Also, do you use Outlook (or something similar) to get your Bellsouth emails? If so, how is that working?

PIN/ID
    400da71b

Thanks for the quick reply. I went to the BS website and did the online chat with an e-agent thing but he was no help. Basically all he told me was there were no reports of server/network problems, to turn off spam filter on my BS email account(which I did) and to contact Blackberry.

The thing is, I can send email to any other domain and it arrives within seconds but mail to BS never gets there, or gets there late. Just a little while ago I got a message on my BB regarding a message I sent last week. It said the message was undeliverable because it was too old. I sent it last Thursday afternoon.

I dont use any email client for BS - just the webmail.

tr41t0r no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    401210E2

i kind of have the same problem. My main email is a Bellsouth, and my emails are delayed atleast 10 minutes.

PIN/ID
    400da71b

I just tried again from my BB and from the webclient. None of my messages to Bellsouth accounts are going throught now, however emails to other domains still work and I can email to Bellsouth from my work email.

I called both BS and Nextel, I might as well have talked to the plant on my desk. Both said it wasn't their problem and couldnt offer any advice on what to do next, other than contact RIM. Didnt see a number or email on their website that I could use without paying a fee though. So I guess I am at their mercy for the time being.

tr41t0r no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    401210E2

i would like to see the outcome of this. keep us posted analogkid

PIN/ID
    400da71b

Ok, still havent got it resolved, but today I have got 4 messages that bounced back. These messages were sent Monday, March 13th while I was doing testing by sending messages from BB and from web client. Here is text of the messages I received:

Final-Recipient: rfc822;<friend's name>@bellsouth.net
    Action: failed
    Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 5.4.7 - Delivery expired (message too old) [Default] 452-'Message rejected' (delivery attempts: 75)
    Reporting-MTA: dns; smtp02.bis.na.blackberry.com

PIN/ID
    400da71b

For what it's worth, it started working again on Saturday (March 18). I had sent a couple of emails to Nextel about it and got the "we dont have any reports of problems with BB mail at this time" responses and Bellsouth gave me the "the problem is not with BS" standard reply.

Anyhow, it's working now not sure if the emails caused someone to look into it or if I just got lucky. I am betting I got lucky.

AnalogKid

auction4u no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    40114EBC

I have bellsouth here. emails forward to bb just fine. The only problem is the delay and I have been forwarding emails from bellsouth to blackberry for over 2 years now and there has always been a 5 minute delay. Bellsouth and Nextel both they there is nothing that can be done for the delay. No other problems though.

akosnitzky no está en línea Stack level 3

I am a bellsouth user who became fed up with the poor spam filtering and delayed e-mails, as well as the system's inability to keep items in sent folder.

I just switched to G-mail which resolved all issues immediately.

If you are hooked on bellsouth, then I suggest you set up a forwarding rule through an e-mail client.

However, I use bellsouth for my DSL line only and have reverted to G-Mail.